Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sleepy Sunday, Maniac Monday and a 10K run

Sunday was such a sleepy day. I woke up around 8-ish and it was raining. So I got up and fed the doggies...then climbed back into bed. Ahh...so nice to relax. I watched all the DVR-ed "Criminal Minds." I peeled myself out of bed to clean while watching my other DVR-ed shows - "Celebrity Ghost Stories" being one of them. SCARY. 


I cleaned and we ate lunch. I then talked Josh into going grocery shopping with me. He usually doesn't and it's fine because we have to deal with more "impulse purchases" if two of us are involved. We've been trying to stick to the budget...ya know? But this time I welcomed the company. We also swung by the mall and picked up some Bath and Body work plug-ins - smells so good - and a new game for Josh (an impulse purchase!!! I knew it would happen - but it was only $20 so no harm done). Of course, I turned out to be the grocery store impulse buyer -  I actually broke down and bought the new People with Elin Nordegren's (apparently) one and only interview. I'm such a sucker for that stuff. I mean, what else could she say other than, "I was hurt/shocked/disappointed." You know? Well that's exactly what she said. That and "money can't buy happiness but it can make things easier" - LOL!! 


Anyway so after groceries we came home and  cooked. I read the People and we called it a night. Great end to a great weekend!


But that didn't extend to my sleepy time. I woke-up, in the wee hours of Monday tossing and turning all night. So I did not get up to run in the morning. I slept in and got up late. Boo. I rushed to make it in - still late but oh well. I worked and made progress. Over lunch, I had to run to the doctor's office for a check-up. I'm so hating that doctor. I had rehearsed all the things I had plan to tell him about how miserable I was with the procedure that went down two weeks ago. *You know how you have great - I'm going to tell them off ideas. It didn't go down that way. I was way nice and just explained what happened. So much for getting "crunk." Whatev. I'm just glad that experience is behind me.* 


Anywhoo - after work I MADE myself go to the gym even though I just wanted to be lazy. But I went...and had a great run. I was shooting for six miles and was hoping that I could pull off four. But I did all six. One of the reasons: I posted it in my Facebook status. I didn't want to be a liar. :) So that helped a lot. 


Here's my progress. I walked for five minutes to warm up. 


Then my first three miles I focused on keeping it between 7.0 or 7.5. I'd do one tenth of a mile at 7.0 then the next at 7.5 - and sometimes I'd kick it up to 8.0 and bring it back down. I actually documented it this time. I'm hoping to get to 8 min miles (still my goal) but I'm not there yet:


I finished up the first split in 25:15. Well, the first three miles. I didn't do 3.1 for this one. I made it in 25:15 - whoop! - then I had to hop off (run to the bathroom) and get back on...so I had to start the timer over. Boo. 
The second part of the run was slower - as usual. I didn't kill myself here and just wanted to finish the 3.1 in under 28 mins. Here's the first two miles. Clearly, a nine minute pace.
Then here it is around the end. The three miles so I did six at 51:30. But factoring in the other tenth of a mile would be about 52 or 53 mins. I think. Give or take. Here is the tready at just over the 5K length for the second split. So yeah, I was pleased. Then I went home to dinner. I was HUNGRY. I had a Lean Cuisine with two pieces of wheat bread. Josh made his own dinner. And it's clear that he has the dietary preferences of a 6-year-old. 
I had a bowl of cereal as dessert later. Yums. But that was the end of the evening. I showered and went to bed. D-O-N-E. 

Q: Are you an impulse buyer?

Q: If you're a runner, how do you increase speed/mileage? What's your plan?

Q: Do you eat Lean Cuisines? I love them!! I like the veggie only as the meat always werids me out. 

1 comment:

  1. I do like lean cuisines!! Although I rarely eat them - love cooking too much!

    LOL Josh's dinner looks like Austin's dream dinner! LOL

    Great run - congrats - you'll be at your 8 minute mile in no time!! I'm so excited to get going on my 10k, and then start speed work - woo!

    ReplyDelete