Friday, August 6, 2010

Fastest 5K ever and its reward

So Thursday...I'd finally made it this far in the week. Close to the end. Whoop! 

The day started with me sleeping in, again. It seems that I've been doing that a lot this week and since I haven't felt great I didn't push it. I mean I did wake up before 5 a.m. Monday and Wednesday for early morning runs. I haven't turned into a complete slacker. On Thursday, I went to work grabbing a Starbuck's ice coffee (no fat milk and Splenda) on the way. I'm loving those. I rolled into work and got a fair amount of stuff done. I could have done more but I really haven't been pushing myself this week. It's the whole coming off vaca...I'm having to ease back into "work." But anyway, at lunch I did go to the gym for two elliptical miles and about five leg exercises. That afternoon, I had to beep over to St. Simons for an interview with two little girls who have started a buisness. No kidding. They're sisters 10 and 12. They make charity bracelets for underprivaleged children. SUCH a joy. I just loved them. They were dolls. That put me in a great mood. I even scored a bracelet from it. 

After that I stopped in at Anytime Fitness, which is right down the street from our house. I have a week pass and I've been thinking about switching. It is super convenient but I wouldn't be able to go at lunch - that would be a problem. SO I'm thinking I'll stick with Bailey's. It's a better gym, all the way around. But the pass has allowed me to do several fun things. Like hitting up a treadmill run after work. I did that Thursday. LOVE their treadies. And they do good things for me. I ran 3 miles in 25 mins. - my fastest time ever. I pushed it out to 3.1 - a 5K - and that was 26:18 mins. I felt great! 

After that, I beeped over to the grocery store to buy stuff for my low fat veggie lasagna. It's only 245 calories per serving. AND IT IS YUMMY. Take a look at it:

Just a few of the veggies. Eggplant, zucchini, onions and tomato.

More veggies - well the tomato chopped up - parsley and mushrooms.

Keats supervising. 

Mmmm....
The finished product. It's topped with a little parm. cheese. So good. I had two servings...but I felt that I deserved it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment