Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A miserable Monday + back to school = :(

As you might be able to tell from my most recent posts...I'm not too good at coming up with titles. So I'm just going to toss some good ol' fashioned:

 : ( 
and 
:) 

or even: 

: P 

and be done with it. 

But anyway, as the :( title indicates Monday was miserable. Not because anything particularly bad happened, just because all Mondays are pretty much miserable. At least, they are for me. It started with an uber early wake-up followed by an uber early work out at the gym. I was planning to do a long run since I didn't do one last week. BUT INSTEAD...I ran three miles (26 mins), did biceps, ran another mile - I like to do this because I feel that it keeps my heart rate up. I clocked in at about 8:30 min - and my shins had started to hurt!). I jumped off and did some ab work. I just can't risk another injury anywhere so I'm listening to my body more. Pretty smart, huh? I think so. 

Well, after that, I get ready and head in to work. When I arrived, I hopped out of the car, went to the sidewalk that takes me to our office and damn near stepped on a dead bird. What the frick? It was just laying there...without any "visible tramatic injuries." Poor guy must have just slammed into the window and dropped dead. So that was tramatic. In fact, it's STILL tramatic because it's STILL there. No one seems to want to do anything about it. Gah. Anywhoo - I go inside and get to work. I worked, worked, worked and worked some more. Around lunch time, I popped over to the gym for another three miles on the elliptical and some tricep work. (On the work out front, Monday was awesome.)  

After work, I headed home and cooked for Josh. He got Mexicana and I ate the rest of the veg lasagna (that sizzle lasts forever). I have to take a second to brag on J. He's in the process of quitting tobacco. He dips! Or "dipped." He's doing so well with it. He's carrying around a little bag of sunflower seeds instead. Good for him! But other than that...it was a standard night. I had to get all my stuff ready for my LAST term in graduate school. Very exciting. But once that was done I hit the hay.

Tuesday - I slept in a little because I suspected that Tuesday would be a long day/night (and I was right - hurray for foresight!). I went into work passing the dead bird that is STILL on the sidewalk. I worked: writing and pagination. At lunch, I hit the gym for three miles on the elliptical plus legs. I headed back to work some more. 

That evening I had my first, last class - Cultural Diversity. Oh my. LOVE the teacher. LOVE the subject - I love people. I'm an open minded liberal. 

Well...I did NOT love the length of time that we spent in class. Now, in theory, we're supposed to go until 10:30 p.m. That never happens. It's cra-zee to think that someone could make it THAT long. Usually we let out around 8-8:30. Not bad at all. Well, we didn't leave until 9:15. I can only sit still/pay attention to one thing for 3 hours. NO MAS. By the time that it was nearly over, I was grinding my teeth and hating every race under the sun. I wanted out. I met my limit. Once I was freed, I went home and gorged myself on two bowls of Kashi Go Lean. I didn't need that but since I'm not drinking weeknights I had to do SOMETHING. And in the process of eating the cereal I also spilled some of it on my lap top...which mad J yell at me. I was already pissy so I yelled back. Boo. I'm starting to think that the no tobacco thing is making him a tad bit cranky. It was out of character for him to snap at me over something like that AN ACCIDENT (of course, he'd never admit that he was in a bad mood). Whatev. We made up and went to sleep. Glad that day is ova!  



 


No comments:

Post a Comment