It started with me sleeping in and NOT working out (at least not in the morning). I'm getting back to that next week fo sho. But I had a lot to do at work so I made it in and got started. I actually took my first trip to the Georgia Sea Turtle Center on Jekyll Island. I was writing a story about the appeal of sea turtles. Thatwas fun...I got to see several "patients." Very cool. They can grow SO big...I'm talking up to 400 lbs. That is A LOT of turtle.
I went back, worked some more...then headed to the gym for a lae lunch that included 3 elliptical miles and a focused ab work-out. I've been neglecting abs. (Actually, I've been neglecting a lot of things but that's neither here nor there.) After work, I beeped home and changed. Josh and I were going to First Friday in downtown Brunswick. It's just like a litle sidewalk fair down there. Lots of fun...we try to go every month. There are lots of art galleries, musicians, drinks and music...it's just really crafty. We stopped in two galleries - tons of local talent.
We also stopped in Arte's Pizza for drinks. Here's J sitting there (he hates it when we take pics in a restaurant - ha!). I had him take one of me too but it was AWFUL. I was hot and looked like I was melting. SO I vetoed it and did y'all a favor. :)
Here are some shots of the early evening.
Josh at Arte's
I love this building. Old City Hall...so awesome.
I picked up these original Ed Hose magnets - I just love her...that's right - Ed's a HER.
But we had a more practical reason for going downtown. We had to pick up the Mercedes. Our car that my dad gave us a couple of years ago. Josh is going to have to start driving it when he's off. They can only use their work trucks now, for work. Imagine that. But the car needed air work and a variety of other touch ups. Touch ups that totally $600 -ugh. Oh well. What ya gonna do? Josh drove that home.
Once we got there we just regrouped and then headed back out to meet Ms. Marla at Toucan's Ale House. Her friends' band was playing. It was great. We had so much fun. Here are some pictures from that:
No comments:
Post a Comment