Tuesday for me meant work - of course - AND LET ME TELL YOU there were a few hicups over the day (I made an error in a piece but thankfully someone was quick to pubically call me out for it *mass sarcasam*) and I had a few assignments. I zigged. I zagged. Busy day.
At lunch, I tooted (trying this word out) over to the gym for three elliptical miles while reading comp notes. Then I worked shoulders and some abs (like three exercises - so slacking on my abs).
After finishing up at the office, it was back to the cultural diversity class (which I do enjoy, as much as I could enjoy any class). Everyone who is graduating this term is stressing over comps. As I am. I just want it to be over. I'm having nightmares of going in to take the test and not knowing any answers. Ugh. I just hope it won't be that way. So we stayed in class until 9-ish then headed home. I had a BIG BIG bowl of cereal that I didn't need but I didn't drink (still no weeknight drinking other than Wednesday for date night) so that's better - right? LOL probably not! Then it was the BED for me.
I woke up refreshed on Wednesday and itching to do a longer run. By longer, I mean six miles. I still haven't managed to move up from this distance (well I did seven once) since I had the stress fracture in my foot. It's not that I can't do it (it's more that I'm afraid to AND I'm kind of lazy lately - so it's a combo).
What I've been doing lately - since my Ash has been out of commission - is a neighborhood/down the road past neighboring neighborhoods run. I don't want to go to any of our usual places - Jekyll, St. Simons causeway, etc. because I don't want to be out in the dark (5:40 a.m.) alone. But our neighborhoood has street lights. So I do three laps around it = three miles and then (when it's daylight) run down the street past a school and back for another three. So I did that. Nice run. Hot, but nice.
I showered and went to work. It was a MUCH better day than Tuesday. All around. I should have known. I've found that the first song that comes on the radio when I get in the car determines my day's course. Good song = good day. Bad song = sucky day. I do an oldies station. So Tuesday it was some BS Fleetwood Mac - which I HATE. I'm not a fan of Fleetwood Mac.
Wednesday it was "Tiny Dancer" follwed by Jim Croce's "Operator." Fantastic. But then the SAME FLEETWOOD MAC song came on - really? So I was skeptical but it all turned out just fine. The Stevie Nicks' bleating didn't wreck my day. Well, not entirely.
So Wednesday moved along. I lunched with Ash and Marla at our fav. - Indigo Coastal Shanty - mmmm....
I worked some more, and after work ran some errands then to Firehouse to pick-up J's sub and my turkey salad (LOVE their smoked turkey salads - 300 cals sans dressing). We would have had date night but Josh had to go back to work at midnight. Poor guy. He worked from 7 a.m. to noon Wednesday then from 11:30 p.m. to like 10 a.m. Wednesday/Thursday.
I took the time to study...and work on my presentation for Sept. 9 - I SHOULD have focused all my energy on studying but that's boring. :) I did have some wine which livened but the activities. Josh got up around 8-ish we ate dinner, briefly chatted and went to bed. The end!
You don't like Fleetwood Mac!?!? Those are some of my best go-to karaoke songs. I guess if you can accept me with my cheesy reality show, I can overlook this minor flaw!
ReplyDeleteI'm slacking on my abs too. Like never do them. Eek - why??!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a fan of 'tooted'. hehe It makes me think of passing gas. I am guilty, on the other hand, of "beeping" places. I beeped to the gym, for instance. LOL
LOL - no Tiff. No Fleetwood Mac. Which is odd because I'm kinda named after Lindsey Buckingham. Not really "after" him...my mom saw his name on the back of an album.
ReplyDeleteKel - I know. I used to do them EVERYDAY (overkill) now it's like nothing. :(
Totally - now that you mention that I'm thinking of that too. I beep too and pop.