Let me back up to Monday. It started early - I hit up a four mile run around the hood then dashed to work. Mondays are kind of busy - I've got six stories that have either printed or are due by then. So I worked....then went to the gym for lunch. I did another mile on the tready while reading my comp notes (blah - it's getting close!). I did some bicep work (I think).
Back to work - overall it was a productive day. I came home and cooked up some cheesy hamburger hash-browns for Josh. For me, it was left over spaghetti - that rocked. I rarely RARELY eat pasta. But I love it SO much. After dinner, we hung out and I read through my comp notes again. That was a wrap.
(Sidebar: I'm ALSO putting things together for J's 30th birthday. I've got a couple of things in the works. I can't say anything because he may (doubtful but possible) read this. I'm just so nervous about it all. I want everything to be perfect. I hope it will be!)
Back to it - I woke-up Tuesday and hit the gym. I knew that I was going to the doctor at lunch for a "procedure" and I didn't foresee it being a two work out day. Without tossing out too much information, it was something I wasn't prepared for - at all. In a nutshell, I decided to do an IUD. I was told it was no big deal. Very standard and not necessarily painful. Wrong. I was in terrible pain all day. SEVERE cramping. It was awful.
I couldn't go back to work. The doctor actually prescribed me vicadin, which is standard with the procedure. Clearly, he knew it was painful. He totally failed to mention that when he was trying to convince me to do it. Thanks, guy. That really made me mad. Of course, I probably should have asked more questions but HOW would I know to ask. He seemed like it was so casual.
After that, I went to the pharmacy. I begged the staff to bump me to the head of the line (they did -the pharmacist said he could, "see the pain on my face"). Then I came home and laid in bed the rest of the night with a heating pad on my stomach. Ya'll - it was the most miserable I've ever been. No doubt.
SO WEDNESDAY...the moment my eyes opened (or even before) I took inventory immediately, "am I still in pain?" The answer was "yes but not nearly as bad." Thank goodness. I actually feel back asleep after I woke up at 5 a.m. and didn't wake up again until 7 a.m. (ahh vicadin). I jumped up, showered and hauled tail into work. I was still taking the pain med - but only a half of a pill. I worked and finished a couple of stories. I had a dentist apt that I forgot about. So I had to leave early again...which was fine because the pain got a little worse as the day progressed. I got a good report from the dentist. Truth be told, I couldn't handle another "bad" doctor's visit.
Again, I came home and chilled. We did Firehouse instead of going out. I just wasn't up for it. Then I went to sleep. HOPEFULLY Thursday I'll feel even better.
No comments:
Post a Comment