I love Wednesdays. Mostly because they mean that the work week is half over. They also mean date night for me and Josh. It's never anything over the top but it's nice to get out of the house and focus on each other only for an hour or so. It's been a big plus for us.
Let me back up to the beginning of Wednesday...more pointedly 5 a.m. I woke up and had planned to do a six miler with Ash around her neighborhood. But she had text me the night before saying that she had a back spasm and wouldn't be able to make it. Boo. But I decided to go alone. I did six around my neighborhood and my usual route. I was slow going...very hot and I felt like I had bricks in my legs. But I made it.
I went to work and had a nice little day. It wasn't as hectic as Monday and Tuesday. The ever-present sinus started to relent too. That was nice. At lunch, I went to the gym for another mile and a half on the elliptical while reading my new tome: "The Gift of Rain." I just LOVE this book, mostly the way this guy writes. It's like velvet. Have I said that before? Well it is. So smooth and beautiful. I'm only four chapters in but I'm enjoying it. After the little cardio stint, I did shoulders and just a touch of abs. I'm REALLY falling off my ab work. :( I need to start doing the DVD like three times a week. But it's SO hard for me. I don't know why. It should be easy but I can never make myself work out at home. I have to leave or else I'll get distracted.
After the gym lunch break, I worked some more and headed home for date night. We voted for Mexicano - a caloric distaster but so yums. We tried one place, kind of across town, but we got there and they were closed. As in, permanently. Gues we should have moved sooner. So we pinged back to the old stand by, Cilantro's and it was uber packed (it always is). But we had a good time. We chatted and had a couple of cocktails. The food was great - shrimp diablo for me. We went home, listned to music and just hung out with the puppers. Nice night!
Cilantro's! Love that name. :)
ReplyDeleteNice job - you totally made that 6!