Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Binge fest, date night plus random switches

Monday night I didn't sleep well AGAIN. I hate that. So aggravating. It put me outta whack for Tuesday. I slept as long as I could then got ready and headed in. I was pretty busy over the course of the morning. It went by fast. At lunch, I went to the gym for three miles plus shoulders and abs. Then it was more work and home. 

I made Josh spaghetti and I ate my last chicken/rice mix. But while all of this cooking was going down - I totally fell off the wagon, as in snacking ... I snacked - a lot. That always happens...I get alone and I'm hungry. Then I start snacking. Pretzels. Bread. Whatever I can shove in my mouth. I do so well over the course of the day then I add another meal pre-dinner. 

Here's what I ate inbetween getting home and eating dinner:
- Two pieces of bread - 35 calories each
- Some South West chicken strips (from salad) - small pieces
- Two servings of pretzels - at least...maybe more

I've even tried not to buy the things that cause me to have a meltdown but I'd find something eventually. I'd chew on wood some times. It's sad. After dinner, I did an online discussion question for school and ATE a bowl of Special K. I'm seriously thinking of joining over-eaters anon. I mean REALLY? After gorging myself, I went to bed, tired and ashamed (but full!). Sad.

Wednesday I woke up at 5 a.m. and got up. I had planned to run with Ash but since I hadn't been sleeping well I suggested that we do it Friday, which worked well for both of us. I did sleep much better and got up and did a three miler. 

I got ready at home...and I actually switched up the way I do things. This is a HUGE deal for me because I never do this. Ever. It usually goes: shower, lotion, make-up, hair. This time, I did shower, hair, lotion make-up. Gasp!!! It felt strange but I actually got ready faster. Strange. 

Anywhoo...then I went to work and finished up two stories: One about cell phone/smart phone preference and another about recession mentality (random combo). I hit the gym at lunch for another mile on the elliptical, then bis/tris. I tossed in a little quad work randomly. I usually never venture outside my two specific muscle groups. So that was strange. I hate unorganized gym folk - people who throw together all sorts of exercises. I think I really need to get it together and write out a new workouts in a notebook. 

So I went back to work...I was excited too because I was getting closer to "date" time. We haven't done that in weeks. We've been doing low-key Firehouse nights in, but we planned a nice little Italian evening at Arte Pizza instead. I had the Greca salad - which was a REAL Greek salad - no lettuce. Just cucumber, tomato and olives. I had chicken tossed in - YUM. Josh had pizza and cheese sticks. After dinner, we went home to chill and to bed. 

Q: Ever have problems with binge eating? How do you make it stop?

Q: Do you do date night with your significant other? What's the standard?

Q: Have you tried to switch up your "getting ready" routine?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment