Sunday, August 22, 2010

Yard sale, plus pre-birthday dinner and gift

SO it's late Sunday afternoon. I've had an incredibly busy weekend. Lots of good things happend.


I'll start by backing up to Friday. It was DAY THREE that went by without a workout. SO sad. But I was still on the meds and still having pain. The medicine really made me nauseous too. Just a big ol' pain. Completely un-did my entire week. Boo. So Friday at work was an average day. Well better than average since it was Friday, after all. It was busy. A meeting in the morning and then a follow up on the roof collapse. At lunch, I had plan to go to the gym but I didn't feel up to it. Instead I went and picked up some stuff from Target. After work, I went home and there was a storm "a brewin." We just got everything organized for the yard sale. J picked up a pizza since we couldn't grill. I ate rice (too much of it), veggies and shrimp. Yums. We headed to bed earlier than normal since the big sale was to start around 7 a.m.

So Saturday. I hopped up at around 6 a.m. and got the dogiges fed. I ate breakfast, got dressed and ventured outside for the sale. We decided to keep it in the garage since it was going to be hot. Here's what it looked like before the hoards decended on us:
We really did have a great showing. Actually these two ladies showed up super early - like 8 a.m. - and bought the majority of my clothes. Yes!!! I love big swoops like that. SO convenient.
Josh was quite the trooper too. I think I told you that he was less than thrilled with the whole idea of yard sellin. But when I was to organize...out he came with all sorts of items. Guitar, Play Station 2, games, golf clubs, and a rifle. He did well too. Got $200 for the gun - it was just taking up space under our bed. I was really kind of werided out by it. Side bar: Did you know that you could sell guns without a license swap? I didn't. Apparently you just have to have documentation on hand guns. Strange.
He also sold his guitar. That was sad. :( But totally his decision. And, honestly, he never played it. That is until he decided to sell it. Haha!
The best thing about the yard sale (aside from the $350 we made and the junk we lost) was that it was S-H-O-R-T. We had sold the majority of the items by 10 a.m. so we shut down. Awesome. I did some laundry then headed to "town." I went to the gym and did three miles and upper body. I was proud I have to admit. I guess those three days off helped. I ran my first mile in 8:16 mins. Then I finished the three miles at 25 mins. Whoop. Then I clocked the 0.1 for the 5K in at 26:16 which will make it my fastest time ever. So yay!
After the work out, I ran errands and came home. We had plans to go to Loco's for dinner. And I was SO excited because I was giving J an early birthday present (he turns 30 on Sept. 30) BUT the gift was tickets to the Auburn/Clemson game - that was actually from my parents. They're amazing seats. Three rows back on the 50 yard line. YES! I have reserved our hotel room so that was my gift. I wanted him to be able to prepare to take off. I also wanted him to stop bugging me about going to a game. :)
I had put the tickets and room confirmation into separate envelopes. Then I tore-up orange tissue paper and mixed it with blue "stuffing." I wrapped both of those in a shoe box. I smuggled it into the car and had planned to go back to get my jacket out of the car. And also get the gift. I'll tell you more about that in a second.
But before we left we took some pictures. I've always done the Lion King thing with Byron. You know the Circle of Life. Like this:
I finally got our version of it. What ya think??
I was pretty excited about it. :) Here are some others.
So we drove over to SSI. I went to get my jacket that I conveintly left in the car so I could also grab the box. It went perfectly because our watiress was also outside. So I told her what was up and handed-it off to her. I went back in and sat down. A minute or two later she comes in with the gift and tells Josh - "I think this is for you." YAY! Such a great hand off. Of course, I'm pretty sure he knew what it was from the get-go.

But he seemed happy. That was a load off. Not to say that I don't have more birthday surprises but at least that part is done. I'm bad at keeping secrets from him (which is good, I guess). After dinner and cocktails, we went home. We watched some TV and went to bed. Good night. :)

2 comments:

  1. nice! Glad you're feeling better and that you were able to work out again - woo! Love the yard sale pics. Nice job! and no, I had no idea you could get rid of a gun that way. Crazy, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally crazy...and a little scary. I asked him like 10 times. And apparently you can do a rifle but not a hand gun because the hand guns are meant to kill people - WTF?

    ReplyDelete