Sunday, August 1, 2010

Grillin, chillin and the accidental bang bang

Saturday - I spent the morning cleaning and doin laundry. I had already made a deal with myself that I would try to relax this weekend and not really stress about working out. And, I didn't.

Instead, I met Ash for lunch at Seasons of Japan. I had planned to order the chicken wrap but they didn't have it yet so in a scramble I chose the Bang Bang salad, which was fried (I forgot!). I NEVER eat fried stuff. Ever. That did a number on my tummy and made me feel extremely fat...not to mention guilty for not working out :( Anyway so after that I ran some errands and went home. I talked J into going over to Jekyll with me while I read. He did, but about that time Nevin and Mary called and took us up on the invite to come over and grill. I had invited them via text during the week but I wasn't sure if they were going to come. I'm so glad they did. Erika was coming too, fun.

We went to the beach and after about 45 mins. it started raining - boo. So we headed back to get ready for our guests. We did potatoes, salad and bread. I made little Erika (vegetarian) a veggie lasagna recipe I had been wanting to try. Everyone brought their own meats. We chilled, chatted and ate. After dinner, we played Celebrity and poker. SO much fun.

Here are a few photos:



So much fun. We stayed up late...the kids left around 1 a.m. and we were all pooped. Puppers included.

1 comment:

  1. good times! boo on the rain though - I hate when that happens!

    ReplyDelete