Monday arrived as Mondays are apt to do...it wasn't terrible. I got up and ran four miles with Ash. I got ready and went to work. It was difficult heading back. Once I arrived, I was reminded that I do, in fact, love my job. Well, as much as one can "love" a "job."
The day actually went by fast. I went to the gym at lunch for the elliptical plus bis/tris. I wasn't feeling well though. My sinuses had been acting up for a week and Monday it seemed worse. I had to get some meds.
I wasn't the only one at the Adkison house who's been under the weather. Poor Keats has another ear infection. It's a common thing for cocker spaniels. I just hate it for her. We had to pick up more meds for her too. Bless her. Once I got home and made dinner, I was exhausted and ready to go to bed so I did. :)
Tuesday was worse than Monday - in terms of sinus pain. I woke up at 5 a.m. to go to the gym but I had a terrible headache with pressure around (actually under and above) my eyes. Blah. So instead, I fed the puppers, gave Keats her meds and went back to sleep. I woke up when J left but then went back to sleep. I slept until after 7 a.m. - eekkkk!! I actually thought about calling in sick but I had SO much to do (plus I would have felt bad since I'd been off for a week - damn this conscience - LOL). I did go to work and the day was fine. Busy, but fine.
I even made it to the gym at lunch for three miles and back. I also finished my biography on Elizabeth I while on the elliptical. It was really good. The author did a great job of making it "readable" - if that makes sense. It was more of a story than many bios. And I learned a lot about the queen. She was extremely intelligent and arrogant. Elizabeth was often abusive to her "women." Actually to anyone within striking range.
So yeah, more often than not she was a total bitch, but fascinating none the less.
Here are some other interesting tidbits I learned:
1. She was in her 50s when she faced the Spanish Armada (and it's failure had more to do with the Spanish being ill prepared than her leadership).
2. In her later years she was missing most of her teeth and had black gums.
3. She more than likely had sex with at least two suitors - probably more. So she wasn't really the "virgin queen."
4. She cursed a lot (a gal after my own heart).
5. She spoke at least six languages.
6. Elizabeth idolized her father even though he had her mother, Anne Boleyn executed.
7. She died in her 70s.
8. Many people in her court had monkeys and squirrels as pets.
9. Speaking of that, her palaces often got GROSS really gross. They'd move from location to location.
10. Elizabeth had small pox earlier in her reign but survived.
Now I'll move on to the Medicis. Yay!
So after I left the gym, I went back to work...then home. I cooked chicken and veggies for me. For J, I made breaded chicken with a lot of cream corn. Once dinner was done we watched the Braves and went to bed. Done and done.
So sorry about Keats - poor baybay! Interesting facts - so gross about just moving away from filth - blah!
ReplyDelete