Monday, August 23, 2010

Miserable Monday, comp crunch plus return to a gym schedule

Monday. It always comes too fast and sneaky. Like a cat burglar. But anyway. I was determined to get out of the work out (or lack of work out) slump. I only worked out three days last week but with the drama surrounding the "procedure" it actually wasn't too bad.  

But let me back up to Sunday first. Josh got up and left to play golf. I started cleaning/doing laundry/dishes while watching my recorded Celebrity Ghost Stories. Love that show...J doesn't believe the actors. But I really don't care. It's still interesting/scary. I love disturbing programming (until I go to bed then I put it on a Futurama/Family Guy loop). From there, I worked on my upcoming presentation for my curriculum class and studied for comps. That took up the rest of the afternoon, although I did manage to get in a little online shopping. Whoop. 

And I did get dressed to go running in the late afternoon...as I was tying my shoes the thunder started. Ha! So I didn't exercise. I just hung out with J and the pups. We were finally able to grill once the rain let up. It was kind of late but we made do. And I'm glad we did because I had an AMAZING salmon filet. I got the filet Saturday from Publix (it was already marinated in a Bourbon sauce). Then I marinated it in a mix of lemon juice and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter with a little garlic and dill. Oh my. SO flippin yummy. Of course, J ate a hamburger/hot dog combo. After dinner, we hit the hay to get ready for Monday!

So back to Monday. I got up and went running. I just did like three miles but I made good time. I rolled into work and wrote a few stories. Hit up the gym for chest/tris and another mile on the elliptical. Nothing too challenging (I was having cramps. Again). I went back to the office and worked some more. 

During the day, I also noticed that my phone wasn't working. Great. It wasn't a great phone and never was. It's very basic. No "smart phone" capabilities. I've resisted the whole smart phone movement and wrote it off as something I didn't need. However, there have been numerous times where I realize that it could have come in handy. So after work, a torrential downpour ensued, but I braved that to go to the Alltel store. I finally caved and walked out with a brand new BlackBerry curve. And yes. I'm in love. It's such a fun toy. SO fun, infact that I didn't study at all and spent nearly three hours setting it up. That was my main activity Monday night. But whatev. It makes me happy! 

Questions: 
1) Do you like the disturbing CSI-like shows?
2) Are you in love with a phone? What's your fav?

1 comment:

  1. I DO love disturbing shows, but I can't watch them too late at night (or alone) because they freak me out. I just got a new blackberry, too. It is a love/hate relationship.

    ReplyDelete