Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bridge run - check, comps - check...celebration - double check

Wow - I can't believe the weekend is over. Already?! Truth be told, though, I'm kind of relieved. I took the comps - that's done. Talk about load off.

But before I jump into the weekend let me go back to Thursday. I got up that morning and planned to just do a lunch work out. So I went to work and got some things done. During lunch, I crammed more for the comps while walking on the treadmill. I was so incredibly stressed out.

There wasn't much else going on really. I mean I worked. I studied. I worked and studied. It was standard but overwhelming. Josh had worked from midnight Wednesday night until after 10 a.m. Thursday. Poor guy was soooo tired. He slept from the time he got home before noon until after 8 p.m.

I got some study time in but not as much as I wanted. I thought a pedi might help me relax and study while relaxing...relax I did. Study I did not!

I did try one of these great one dish chicken recipe. It was one of those little spice packs with the directions and you just put in the chicken, rice and tomatoes. Oh yums. But honestly, that was pretty much all I did Thursday.

Friday though I was ready to roll. I got up and drove to the Sidney Lanier bridge and I hadn't been there since before I hurt my foot. I started pretty early...had to, ya know? The bridge (over and back) is a 5K length. It's got about a 6 percent grade and reaches 1,200 feet in the air. I've done the bridge tons of times. It's amazing...and I hate heights. But it really is. Both the work out and the view. 

This time...thinking of the blog...I decided to take some pics once I got to the top. Well, I finished the bridge (over and back). Then I walked up it again...trying to get a shot. But it was dark. Way darker than normal - although much lighter than when I started, if that makes an sense. Here are the pics though:


Yeah. See what I mean. Not too great. At least you can see how dark it is...so I finished this work out, went home and to work. I totally was ready for the week to end. I didn't work out at lunch instead I beeped into Target and then went directly to an assignment. I got to leave a little early, which rocked, and I went straight home to study. And study I did...for hours. 

I also tried to make blue berry muffins for the other folks who were taking the comps. Well I did and they did not look too hot:


Sad right? I don't know what happened. They tasted fine but looked very weak, although Keats seemed to be excited about them.

Not to be detered, I went to the store and got some more. This time I opted for the store bought muffins. They looked A LOT better.

Yeah...I know. I should have give up but I couldn't. Muffins = good karma. I needed all that I could get! So after the muffin run and dinner, we hit the hay. I had two drinks to help with nerves. But that was it and went to da bed.

I woke up every hour...when I opened my eyes,  comp questions popped in my head. I actually got up at 5 a.m. and did about three miles to burn off my nervous energy. I came home got ready, had breakfast, then crammed a little more. I got a good luck kiss from J and the pups and was on my way.

The test started around 9 a.m. It's set up went something like this: 4 core questions (I had to pick two) and 4 concentrations (I had to pick two). We had four hours to complete the test and I was done in three. It came out to be ten pages...so I feel like I was thorough. 

After that was done, I felt like 10 tons was lifted off my shoulders. I was SO excited. I popped in to have a look-see around Pier 1 (the Halloween stuff is out and that ALWAYS makes me excited). Then I trotted (randomly) over to SSI and made Erika meet me for a celebratory beer. Yum. 

I had two at Brogen's then we walked over to Meo's to look around. After that, I went home and watched "Criminal Minds" with J and the puppers. From there we were meeting the kids (Nev, Mar, and EC) over at Catch 228 on SSI. It was a great. We've been there for a drinkie but never dinner. It was good. I had ahi tuna and veggies. 

Then there was the company. I just love these guys. We laughed, talked and just had an amazing time. Just what the doctor ordered. 

Here are some pics of the ridiculous nonsense that went down:    



After drinks and dinner, we went home and played on the computer. Standard for us. We always have cocktails and look up fun music. This particular night we were in search of the top five best guitar riffs. SO much fun. "Sweet Child of Mine," "Voodoo Child" and "Inna Gadda Da Vidda" definitely made the cut. At least on my list...J's had a lot of other randos - mostly Guns-N-Roses. I like them but I like to have a variety, ya know. Anyway we played and hit the hay around 12:30 a.m. - long (but great) day. 






No comments:

Post a Comment