Thursday, August 19, 2010

Classes, comps and calamity

So back to Wednesday. I was still in recovery mode (and by that I mean on drugs - of course they were legally prescribed by a health care professional! LOL). SO I apologize if I shared too much info. last time. I'd honestly never been so blind sided at a doctor's visit. I felt prepared and wham.
But, like I said, it's gotten better. I'll live. Wednesday was a chill night which was awesome. We picked-up dinner (Firehouse Subs - mmm) instead of going out. We saved money and relaxed. The only problem is that I haven't been able to work out for a couple of days. BIG BOO. My tummy still isn't happy plus my legs are uber sore from my intense leg workout Tuesday. So I'm taking it slow and trying not to beat myself up about it. We do that all the time, ya know? Women, I mean. We're so hard on ourselves. We never praise ourselves for all the things we DO. I'm always stressing over not working out or not working out hard enough. That's not to say that we should become complacent or not strive to be better but jeez. We should give ourselves a break every now and then! :) Don't you agree?
Anyway. So Thursday was standard minus working out. I did cover an interesting story. On Wednesday night, we had a terrible storm here and the roof of a Family Dollar caved in. Like three feet of water collected on top of it and booooommm...implosion. So friggin random. Another reporter covered it last night but I followed it up today. Bizarre. 

But on the other hand...I got to hang out with some fire fighters and they gave me a hat to wear. Fun! 

On the side, I was working on Josh's birthday gifts. Things are going along really well. *fingers crossed* It's such a pain not being able to blog about this! Gah!!! I want to SHARE.

I also had class tonight. It was short! And I LOVE THAT. We got our assignments and I came home to start work.That's what I do. I get overwhelmed whilst getting instructions. But once I'm let loose I like to start working. Some of the folks in my class make fun of me for it. :( Whatev. I'd rather be this way than any other.

Josh was working late in S'van. He's doing a bid very close to our present location so here's hoping. But I still hate his working late. I feel bad for him. :( And, of course, I hate being alone.

STILL tomorrow is Friday and the yard sale Saturday. I'm optimistic. The worst would be waisting time and effort then donating the items. We'll see.

So here are your questions for the day:
1) Have you ever tried to pull off a secret b-day gift/project successfully? How'd you do it?

2) How do you handle feeling overwhlemed? I try to "confront" it head on. But others tuck tail and run. What's your style?

3) ONE more - have you ever been ill informed by a physician? I think it's a travesty when your doc "fails to mention" some serious side effects/results/BS.

No comments:

Post a Comment