Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday 13th, back to work and the weekend ahead

Friday - It was Friday the 13th - ooohhhhh. But I honestly was feeling much better than Thursday the 12th. I've told Josh that I'm certain that there are times when my body just goes on strike. And says NO MAS. So what ya gonna do?

Anyway, I got up and made it to work. Then Erika and I went to meet Ash at Seasons of Japan for lunch. That was fun...just catching up (and not running whilst doing it). My stomach was still a little angry but nothing like Thursday. Still I had planned to take it super easy this weekend. And I did. Loved it. We grilled and watched TV Friday night. We were in bed by 10 p.m. YAY!

Saturday - I got up early and planned a long run. I hit the gym and did six miles (the spilts were 26 min and 27 mins) - whoop. Then I did shoulders and abs. Oh sidebar: I actually saw this guy that I go to school with there. And, if you remember, I had to miss Thursday because I was sick. Well he comes up to me and says, "Oh so you skipped Thursday." I was like, "No I was sick with a stomach bug. I didn't go to work either." Then he goes, "Well you know you look sort of sick." Really?!? Thanks ass. Of course, I'm standing there sweating...red-faced...no make-up. You know. I mean I don't need you to validate that I'm not looking my best. A simple, "Well feel better" would do. Whatev.

So after the gym, I popped by Wal-Mart and then headed home. I've decided to put together a yard sale for next weekend. It's a dual motivation. One - we're poor and I would like some extra moolah; Two - I've got so much stuff that I have to get rid of...it's ridiculous. I've been planning it for months...but I've never been able to get it off the ground. I decided that if I started buying yard sale signs and price tags I'd do it. I mean, why not. I get a classified ad at work for super cheap - why not? It's just the thought. The thought of all that organzing is SO intimidating. Oy!
I digress. After the store, I worked on my comp. study guide and FINALLY finished that. Now to trasmit the information into my ol' noodle. There's the rub. :)

Saturday night we weren't sure if we wanted to do something as in, go out or no. We were talking to Nev and Mar...and Ash and Co. Both seemed like prospects, but in the end, they opted out of doing anything too. So we just went to Longhorn. We had a ball. Such great conversation. I think that date nights are so important. You've got to keep reconnecting, ya know?
We came home...listened to music and watched videos. We listened to Slash's new CD where he plays guitar and works with all different artists (Chris Cornell, Ozzie, Fergie - just to name a few). Loved that. We also watched some Dave video. As always right. We did notice that Tim Reynolds is UBER short. As in 5'2. Dave looks like a giant next to him. Dave's like 6'2. I can't believe we never noticed that before. Weird. After the music, we watched half the Princess Bride (gah - it NEVER gets old - I swear) and called it a night. Very relaxing...very chill...very cool evening. The dogs LOVED having us home:
Silly puppies!

(Oh, I've decided to start doing questions and maybe generating feedback)

So here you go:
Question 1 - Are you ever offended when someone agrees that you "look sick"? Or do you think they're just trying to make you feel like your claims of illness are legit?

Question 2 - Have you ever had a yard sale? If so, is it as much of a pain as I imagine it to be? And more importantly, did you make a profit?

1 comment:

  1. Love all of the family pics! hehe

    I HATE when people say that. Or when they're like 'are you tired?' Um... well now I'm going to say yes because i'm offended! LOL

    ReplyDelete