Friday - Again, trying hard to milk all the fun out of the vaca. I got up, did laundry and cleaned some more (not the fun part of the vaca but it had to be done). I had decided earlier to try a new gym. I just had a week pass. The gym is really close to the homestead and I figured - why not. So I went and it was nice. I ran seven miles (had to get in a long run this week) and finished in 54 mins. YAY! That was my 10K time! Whoop. I did some half-hearted leg work too but my legs were "worked" after the seven miles, ya know?
I left the gym and got ready for the beach (Jekyll Island) - that has been a main goal of mine all week. I finally made it. And I was alone because J thought it was "too hot" - nevermind that he goes and plays golf in the same temps - whatev.
It was fine though. I go alone a lot. I have a very minimalistic approach to beach time. I don't even bring a lawn chair - just a towel. Here's my list of must haves:
1) Books - that's the main reason that I go to the beach: To read. I love it. Here are two I took with me Friday. I like to read a chapter in one while laying on my stomach then flip over to my back then flip back over to my front while reading a chapter from the next book.
2) Booze - Not much because I clearly have to drive when I leave but I like having a Firefly Lemon Tea Vodka and water. I put them in my old water bottles.
3) Music - That's a must. I have to have my tunes.
4) A sunny day - That's something you can't control but I found that if you lug all your stuff out there and it's even the least bit overcast...you'll probably get rained on at some point. Not good for your books or your iPod.
5) Cart - I haven't gotten this yet but I saw a chick with this at the beach. I thought it was brillant. She said she got it from Ace Hardware and that it works well. I'm planning to invest in one. But I'm kinda interested in how it will do in the loose sand. Hmmm...
6) A happy face - Check. I'm sure this has nothing to do with the vodka and everything to do with the fact that I'm not at work and on the beach!
haha that cart is super clever! I hate to carry stuff. Duh. Love the firefly!!
ReplyDelete