Thursday, July 29, 2010

Returning home to more vaca!

Wednesday - I woke up around 8 a.m.and felt good (big surprise) so I decided to be productive. I went down to the hotel's uber nice fitness room. I ran three miles and worked some triceps. The night before J had ordered breakfast for us via the door hangy thing so it was supposed to be delivered around 9:30 a.m. so I beeped back in for that. SO GOOD. Eggs and toast plus brunch potatoes. Oh my!


Josh didn't feel as good as I did. I blame the Jager...as always. :)

Once we got organized (and I pried J out of the bed) we hit the road. Poor guy drove the whole way home. I napped (I did offer to drive - half-heartedly but still). We had bought "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and listened to it on the way home. J likes it but we didn't get that far. Shanessa still has my copy of the book but she should be returning it soon. It's difficult to get into at first. Once you're past the first 100 pages it's smooth sailing. But I'm not sure if she's gotten that far yet.

Anyway...so Wednesday we put up our stuff, chilled with the grateful pups, and ate dinner. We watched some TiVo-ed Ghost Hunters. I blogged and uploaded photos. It was a much needed chill night.


Thursday - We bummed around and enjoyed our morning at home. God I love vacation. Just so nice to have free time. It just goes so fast. Once, I dressed I ran errands and went to the gym. Josh golfed. I also decided to treat myself to a mani/pedi. First I stopped at Starbucks for an ice coffee while chatting with Mama on the cell (side bar: I hate the phone and I hate people talking on the phone while driving but I admit it's practical. That's when you have time - in transit). Anyway, I got the coffee and was just going to shoot across the parking lot into the center with the nail salon. Or so I thought. I was stopped by a policeman for not wearing a seat belt (another side bar: I always wear my seat belt...it was just SO CLOSE). I tossed the phone into the floorboard (hung up on Mama - sorry!) and he came up to scold me. Scold he did. I was agreeable and admitted that I'd been foolish. Then he got my license and recognized me from the Webcast/newspaper. I was pretty sure he'd "drop me in the grease" fo sho. I mean we don't necessarily write glowing reviews of the police. I don't. It's not my beat but still. I'm thinking this guy is going to LOVE sticking it to "the media." He went back to his car and I waited. And waited. And waited. I felt like a fly waiting for the smack of the swatter. But once he came back up he gave me a warning. What a guy! He even told me I did a good job with the website. YAY!

So I was very careful not to run afoul of the law for the rest of the day. I did get my nails done and made it back home without incident. We were going to hit the pool and I actually packed up all my stuff to go BUT once I walked there I found it locked. There was a sign that said it was closed because someone had "vandalized it" - apparently they broke tables and there could be glass in the pool. Wow. Where do we live? Who does crap like that? Insane. So that was foiled. Instead I came home and chilled. I started cooking and chilling.

Josh and I grilled and played cards on the back deck. FUN!


Sidebar (kind of): I got these cutey toys for BB and Keats at Wal-Mart. It tripped me out that they had Auburn and Alabama mascots. It tripped me out even more when I heard the nosies they made. I can't even describe it but it's hilarious. I had to get both! So they came outside with us.


Tensions ran high during the game :) Josh won - as always - I wonder why we even bother playing!


Another great day. I could get used to this "work free" lifestyle.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the not-working lifestyle! haha "where do we live?" People suck. And woo hoo on the warning!! Austin's friends always say they want to "grow their hair out" and "get vaginas" to get warnings. They're classy folk. And really, what does long hair have to do with warnings? Clearly it's because we're hot. Duh. J/K!!

    ReplyDelete