Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Birthday fun - Part Three

Monday - I woke up filling a little under the weather. OF COURSE, right? It would happen on my week off. It was just sinus mess...sore throat, etc. But still enough to make me worry about the trip.

I bummed around later than I normally would...like until 9-ish. Then I pulled it together and went to the gym. I didn't work out Sunday and I REALLY needed it. So I got in three miles, bi-ceps and shoulders. Then I had to sneak into work and grab my cell phone charger (I left my other at the Casa Monica). I made small talk but make a bee-line for the door before they made me stay.

I ran back home, helped pack the car and we were off around 2-ish. We zipped into Atlanta around rush hour. Lovely. The traffic honestly wasn't terrible. The weather was - raining, lightening, thunder - but the traffic moved along. I did finish "Twilight" while we were traveling. I don't know if I'll read the next book or not. I'm torn. I'm definitely going to finish others on my list before it. Honestly, the only reason I bought it was because it was on sale at the check out line at T.J. Maxx. Impulse buy, I guess. Whatever. I still feel like Edward is in love with a big ass cheese burger (that being Bella). I wonder if it sends a wrong message to girls. Like they should put up with a bunch of crap for "love." It's like...ok he's an undead blood sucker and REALLY wants to eat you but it's cool you're love will make it work. WTF? No!

BUT I DIGRESS.

We got to Kel and Austin's (and Reuben's) house in Alpharetta around 7-ish. It was a Monday and I know they couldn't stay up too late. I just def. knew I needed some Kel time. CHICK IS HILARIOUS. One of my favorite people and always has been...but she's so damn funny. Gah.

So we hung out and talked while having some wine. Austin and Josh spent a lot of time in the garage having "guy talk" (what is "guy talk" you might ask? Apparently, now it concerns investments, retirement, insurance, house projects....not at all the "guy talk" of their younger days, like their early 20s).

Here's a pic in which I look AWFUL. Kel and Reubs are adorable as always....but I still wanted to post it.



Tuesday morning we woke up and got our stuff together. We headed out around 10 a.m. and hit up Starbucks and Barns and Noble. I also hit up my e-mail and all my standard sites.


At the book store, I picked up "The Gift of Rain" - something I've been really wanting to read. I had to get customer service to find it for me. It's by Tan Twan Eng. I was like "yeah he's not from Georgia." Hahahaa...funny right? Sales guy didn't get it. He was like *all serious* "oh where is he from?" - Gah...nevermind, guy.

So after we hit up the books we went over to North Point Mall. I really wasn't looking to "shop" really. Nothing serious. I did get a cute shirt from J. Crew. But we'd already invested lots in the trip(s) and I didn't want to go overboard. How's that for some friggin self control? Yeah!



After we meandered around the mall for a bit...it was lunch time. And ol' Josh only had one place in mind for that - Buffalo Wild Wings. The boy is obsessed. And it's sad you know...these are standard to a lot of people. Not us. So I gave in...he's been such a good sport about everything. Let him have his wings, right? :)


Check out his happy face. Awww...so we ate, had beer and played trivia. Fun stuff. We let the beer buzz wear off so we could make the drive to the hotel in downtown ATL.Ugh. I'm so glad that I never drive there. I couldn't handle it on the daily. I'd lose it.

Hello ATL...so nice to vist and so nice to leave.

We arrived at the Hilton by the ATL airport around 3 p.m. We went up to the room which was pretty awesome. It was a huge corner room with two walls of windows. And this pic doesn't do it justice but it was big. Much bigger than the Casa Monica room which was $150 more per night.


Anywhoo - we took a nap and woke up in time to snag dinner and a cab. That's when I really started to get pumped. Whoop whoop. I just LOVE Dave. He's such an amazing song writer. The music is great. Just my all time favorite band (don't tell the Beatles). They are...the versatility and depth is overwhelming.


Josh was excited too. Although he is always able to compose himself while watching some form of sports. This was at the restaurant...a sports bar.

I was pretty pumped....could not wait!!!!





























































1 comment:

  1. So good to see you, and of course Reuben loved your visit too!! hehe I'm glad you think i'm funny - I think I should keep my mouth shut sometimes. LOL

    I know it - Austin & Josh had WAY too much to talk about. It's like they have more in common now then ever before - silly old boys.

    Love day drinking + trivia - fab!

    ReplyDelete