Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Class, work, vaca in sight

Here we are again, plugging away trying to make it through another work week. Fun for all. Yeah, not really but we can just pretend that it's true. It makes it easier. 

So here's what's been happening...

Monday: It returned. Blah. The day started off well. I put in a little over three miles on the treadmill. A 5K in my standard 27 mins. Of course, I really didn't bust my butt to move faster. I was tired. Then I did some back/ab work and went to work. I was pretty productive considering it was the week day that I hate most. And it went by fast which is always a plus. I went back to the gym at lunch. I did another three miles whilst reading the "Cellist of Sarajevo." I'm about half way through and it's pretty good. Not much dialogue at all so I'm not really connecting to the characters. :( I had to skip three pages because there was a dog, "a brown terrier" and with the way the bombs are dropping in this book I knew he was doomed. SO I fast forwarded to what I felt was a safe point. No mention of the dog yet...but I'm certain - as is the character in the story - that its dead. Sad.

Anywhoo...I headed back and worked some more, it was time to go to class. I was DREADING it because I knew it'd be a long, boring event. And I was right. I really shouldn't complain because the prof. gave me major props for turning in my paper early. He told the class that I did a great job, etc. He also told me and the class that I made an A. Whoop! That was nice and I appreciated it. 

OK...with that being said, the praise did not make up for the following four hours. The prof (who shall remain nameless - although it's a psychology class) proceeded to unloaded a barrage of BS on we, unsuspecting students. As per usual, he talked in circles and repeated himself over and over. He whined about his family. His daughter is a "bitch" and his sister is a "bitch." He "doesn't love his children."

None of it made much sense (of course, this class never does) and it certainly had zero to do with the course OR what the course is supposed to be about. I'm intentionally being cryptic here because I'm afraid that the aforementioned prof will stumble onto this blog some how and catch me in the act of bad mouthing him. Thus my "good student" status will be shot. I wouldn't mind so much -- as long as it happens after the grades are logged. I think that airing his family grievances in front of a helpless classroom is HIS therapy. But anyway. I survived. Barely. I've never been that close to homicide or suicide. Ever. 

Tuesday - I WAS WIPED. That class seriously almost destroyed me. I was a zombie most of the day. I seriously felt like I had a film over my eyes. I considered going home but didn't. I'm a big girl - almost freakin 27 years old. Wowza. 

So I phoned in some energy and BS'd my way through. There was a lot of blank staring. I made a PITIFUL attempt at the gym during lunch. I did get to three miles on the elliptical. But I was SO spaced out - I worried about injuring myself. I didn't but I was so out of it that it could have happened. Scary. Once I got home, I was SO DONE. I made some dinner and Josh and I hit the hay. He had to get up around 1-ish to go back to work - poor guy. I did not. I slept from 7 p.m. to 4:45 a.m. Amazing. I feel so much better. I don't know what it was...Josh says I've been going too much. Whatev. I got up and ran four miles today (Wednesday) and I'm feeling great!

  

1 comment:

  1. Do you think that maybe Psych professors (and general Psych majors in general) are all a little crazy? I think it's because they spend too much time in their own heads. There is a reason why self-actualization is at the top of the hierarchy of needs--not many people get there and those that do, don't need to be there!

    ReplyDelete