Sunday, July 18, 2010

A pool of one's own

Sunday - I woke up early bright eyed and busy tailed. I jumped out of bed at 7 a.m., fed the dogs and finished my final. Then I did laundry - lots and lots of laundry. Josh and Butch were off to golf and I was off to the pool again. I've used it more this weekend than I have the entire two years that we've lived here. But today, I was determined to beat everyone there...the noisy children with their clueless parents. I wanted to swoop in get some sun and swoop back out. I figured if I hit it up at 10 a.m. it would be perfect. I knew that all of the "good" people would be in church. All the "bad" people were still sleeping off the ol' hangover. I was right. I had it all to myself. Ahhh...
I listened to my iPod and read for two and a half hours. I was very vigilant though. I kept a sharp lookout. Every time a car went by I looked up to make sure there were no invaders. All was quite on the western front until around noon. A woman pulled up (yes people drive to our neighborhood pool) and started unloading a ridiculous amount of gear. There were floats of all sizes and colors. This is not a large pool, people. In fact, it only goes to 5 1/2 feet.
I figured this was as good of time as any to pack it in...on the way out, the chick tried to make small talk. She complimented by Donna Deegan Breast Cancer bag from the marathon. It's the bag I got my packet stuff in...my chip, the shirt and all the promos. You actually have to RUN to get it. For me, that's the most expensive bag I own. I went through more pain and suffering for that bag...
Anywhoo - she goes "Where can I get me one?" and I couldn't think of anything to tell her...nothing diplomatic. I was SO blank. I just stared at her. All I wanted to say was "you have to run the freaking race, bizatch." But I didn't and just tried to explain it all again. She said she'd look online. Ok sure, you do that. With that, I was out.

Here are some photos from my blissful morning pre-invasion of the non-runner:








No comments:

Post a Comment