Thursday, July 22, 2010

Twilight smilight, school ends, and vaca on the way

Wednesday - It was a good day for the most part. I ran 6.5 miles in a descent time. Got a lot done at work...went back to the gym for upper body plus another 1.5 miles - total of 8. YAY! Then I went back to work, finished up and headed to class. It went on forever...but I powered through because it was the last class of the term. But I started getting tired. REALLY tired. When it was over (around 8) I went home and tried to tidy up, put things away (i.e. be normal) and I couldn't. I was dizzy almost light headed. When I bent down and tried to stand up, I stumbled aroudn like I was drunk (hadn't had a thing to drink, mind you). Very odd. Josh put me on the couch, gave me something to eat. It was BIZARRE. Totally came out of nowhere. You know what it was like? I felt a lot like I had just donated blood. But I didn't. Strange. So then I just called it a night. 

Thursday - I felt MUCH better in the morning but decided not to push my luck. I slept in, got up and ready. AND THEN, the drama unfolded. I was taking my recyclables outside...the door was open for a VERY brief moment but it was enough for little Byron to make a break for it. He darted out the door, into the garage and into the front yard. I was chasing him down the street, barefoot in a pencil skirt. I thought I had him, bent down to scoop him up and ripped my skirt. That little bastard. He just kept bobbing and weaving. 

I finally had to bring Keats out as bait. I lured him into the garage and put the door down. It was AWFUL. I had to change...my skirt is done. I was sweaty and pissed. Horrible way to start the day. After changing, I went to work and the day did get better. 

I did a little over three miles at the gym while reading "Twilight." I'm about half way through and I have to admit - it's an easy read. But I'm not feeling the emotion that everyone claims to feel about ol' Edward. I just feel like he's a fat kid and Bella is a piece of cake. OR a cheese burger. He wants to eat her. Point blank. Sure he tries to persuade her (and the reader) that it's more. I'm not seeing it. The whole "I can't read your mind" thing doesn't work for me. Still, it's an easy read and I'm remotely interested in what happens to them. But "gripping" it is not (at least for me). So there is my 27 cents on that. 

After the gym, I worked more and went home to clean. I also had to do laundry and start packing for the trip. SO exciting. When J got home, we went to Indigo Coastal Shanty. They just started doing dinner - and it's AMAZING. I had salmon in a pineapple reduction sauce and J had a steak. So good. We went home and packed more. Then vegged for a few before falling asleep on the couch. Great day! Friday is the big ol' B-DAY and the weekend/vacation is in sight. Whoop!



 

2 comments:

  1. 8 miles?! Nice girl!! And honestly, I see what you mean about Twilight but totally think you would have felt differently if you had read them pre-hype, movies, etc. But we'll never know - sad!! SO GOOD to see you last night - hope you had a blast at the concert tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    Hehe - yeah I know what you mean. I've been contaminated. Still a fun read though.

    ReplyDelete