So here's what's been happening:
Monday - I had to work while the rest of the world took vaca. Josh included. Loser. :) I really shouldn't whine too much because we do get to choose another day that we want to take off (in place of the would-be July 4th holiday). I'm taking off July 26 for that. It's part of the weeklong birthday/Dave Matthews extravaganza. I'm very excited about that. It's worth it. Definitely.
Anywhoo, so I got up Monday and made a pitiful attempt at a run. Seriously, it was one of those days that just wasn't happening. I ended up just walking 2 miles. I was still SO tired from the weekend frolicking...I think the sun and drinking combo really did bad things to me. I'm not used to all that activity. Definitely out of practice. But I digress. I hit the gym at lunch and gave it another go...I did like three miles on the elliptical. Better.
Later in the day (about 4 p.m.) Hank took pity on us and let us leave. Whoop. Hank is awesome. I went home and chilled with Josh cooked dinner and made some changes to my papers. Josh had to proof read both of them (bless him) and he caught several errors. I'm planning to turn them in next week - a week in advance. If I don't, I'll just stress over them.
After that, I was DONE with the day. Totally. I passed out before 9 p.m. which I desperately needed it! I'm loving having this week off from school. I've got to go to class on Monday and Wednesday for the next two weeks but then I'm DONE. That is, until next term - which will be my last!!!!
Tuesday - I felt much better Tuesday. I wasn't nearly as tired. But I had to scramble for a story that morning (which started at 6:30 a.m. with e-mails). I skipped the morning workout but did do a quick 5K at the gym during lunch. I'm really going to be focusing on speed work - which is exciting. I did well Saturday at the race but I still felt like a "cow" comparatively. My boss/paper's owner runs a 5K in 18 mins - yes he's super human - but he's also nearly 20 years older than me. I need to step it up. Personal goal: 8 minute miles. At the race Saturday, my first mile was 8:30 mins. THEN I started slacking to finish at 27:46. Other than that, work went well and I got a lot done. At home, I made a Mexican chicken (low carb) wrap with salsa, black beans and broccoli. Josh got the reheated hamburger and fries. We hung out briefly - J had to be up at 1:30 a.m. to pour concrete which sucks. I spent some extra time with the pups and indulged in two bowls of Fiber One. Yes, that is sad but it is true. I like old people cereal. Always have. It's SO GOOD. I also slathered on another layer of aloe (been doing that 3x a day). The sun burn is looking and feeling better. I'm still hating the sun though. Bastard.
No comments:
Post a Comment