Sunday, July 4, 2010

5K - The Sunshine Festival

The weekend started off well. I took Friday off (from the gym). Josh and I grilled and hung out. I was in bed by 10 p.m. to gear up for the little Sunshine festival 5K Saturday. So we got up early and headed over to St. Simons for the run. It went well. It actually was really pleasant and I finished in around 27 mins. Not too shabby. Of course, Erika a.k.a Speedy finished in 22 mins. : ) So fast!

Here are some pics:














Me and my girl E.C. (Erika Capek)














Let's go!














The starting line










The trees helped to make it a little more bearable.














My favorite part of the race - the end!













Done!


































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Then we went to breakfast at the Fourth of May with many of our co-workers. Yum. THEN it was fun in the sun time. Josh, Erika, Bruce and I hit the beach, had some drinks and I got BURNED. Bad. We parted ways and went home and took naps. We met back up at Tokoyo Joe's for dinner. Yums again. Erika and Bruce came to our house and we had some more drinks and watched the Hangover. They stayed over and we had a blast. So much fun.









Sunday was all about cleaning and recovery. Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment