Saturday - I woke up around 6:30 a.m. feeling really refreshed (surprising considering that I stayed up way to late and drank WAY too much). So I hopped up and ran a three mile loop around downtown St. Augustine. It was beautiful. I ran past the Bridge of Lions and down to Ripley's Believe It Or Not. I went back and showered then met my folks for coffee and internet access at the Cordova Cafe, part of our hotel.
You can actually see the humidity in this one! Geez.
Anyway, after we all got organized and ready we decided the best option would be to take the trolley around. We could just pay and pop on and off at several locations. So that was fun.
Trolley riding = super efficient transportation
So one of the places that we hopped off was the Florida Cracker - yummy food and cold beer - whoop whoop.
I also snagged a flower. : )
So after lunch we jumped back on the trolley to finish the tour. One place we stopped was San Sebastian Winery. We tasted the wine and I bought two bottles. A red and a white. We also took in some live jazz and cocktails on the roof of the winery.
There was one big downer. A reoccuring downer at that. My dad's nose kept bleeding which really freaked me out. It was pretty severe. So he walked around with tissue stuffed up his nose. It was hilarious but still. I'm concerned. He says it's sinuses but there again, he hasn't gone to the doctor yet. :( Worrisome.
My mom did yuck it up for the camera though...like she hit him. Funny but I'm still worried. Boo.
Haha. Then J's parents...acting a little more normal :)
As the day wore on, we did more of the same. It went a little like this: eat, drink, repeat. But loads of fun. We did dinner at local sensation Harry's. After that, my parents went to bed but we hung out with J's folks at the hotel bar. They had a great band...and we danced until like 12:30 - oy, so late but awesome.
All in all, it was a great time. I just loved it. We're really lucky to have a fam that gets along and shares similar interests (for us, it's mostly eating and drinking -- ha!).
Sunday we got up, had breakfast and headed over to the outlet mall. We got a ton of stuff....mostly work out clothes for me. We went home and chilled with the pups. We had to get ready for ATL and DMB!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment