Amazing.
Just in case you don't know, Warren Hayes - the lead singer of Gov't Mule was one of the originial guitarists for the Allman Brothers Band. How cool is that? And dude can sing. I love his voice and his songs. So this was a super treat for me.
We filed into our seats after manuevering the various check points (I swear it's like getting in to see the president). Gov't Mule started playing almost right at 7 p.m. (surprising) opening acts are usually late. But they were punctual...which meant Dave was pretty close.
Dude in the tie dye nearly drove me nuts. SO in my way - blah.
I really liked this pic...two girls were nice enough to take it for us and risk being kicked out by the camera Nazis.
I think that Aaron's Ampitheatre can seat a total of 17,000 and it did on Tuesday. Everything(lawn too) was packed.
And then...there he was...AHHHH. I'm sorry but when it comes to him I'm such a little girl. I feel about Dave the way a 11-year-old teeny bopper feels about the Jonas Brothers. I really do.
I'll spare you independent commentary on each photo...suffice to say this was awesome and we had an AMAZING time. Check it out:
Like everyone else though, once the show was over we had to fight to make it to a taxi and back to the hotel. We arrived back before midnight. And I was hungry...again. We had room service deliver what could possible have been the BEST turkey sandwich in human history. Just freaking scrumptous. Oh my.
Once that was done...so were we...a fantastic end to a fantastic day.
Glad you enjoyed the Show. FYI... Warren Haynes is not the original Guitarist for the Allman Brothers band. He Joined the band in 1989, 20 years after the band was formed. You need to see a full 2 Set Mule Show, Unfortunately you got an abbreviated one set opening band. But any Warren is better than no Warren. Try New years eve Run at the Beacon in NYC.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the Jonas Brothers thing. I have a 14 year old Daughter who Im taking to see Jonas next month. The Consolation is She is Going to the next Mule Show with Me in August 11 in Central Park NYC. ;-)
Glad you had such a good show! The pics are great and I'm glad your room service turkey sandwich was the bomb! LOL
ReplyDelete