Wednesday - It was a pretty good day. I was working out of the office (on assignments) like ALL day long. SO work went by really fast. Then it was off to school...we (my group) had our ADHD presentation which went very well. It is such a relief to have all my presentations for this term out of the way.
We were done about 7:45 p.m. then I went home. Unloaded all my crap from the day - two work out bags, stuff from the store, my stuff from the seamstress (alternations), my lunchbox, my back pack. Seriously it looked like I was moving. Oy - it's like that everyday. Once that was done, Josh and I hung out. I edited my papers and watch Ghost Hunters. All in all, a great day.
Thursday - Thursday started off well...I went to the gym, walked a mile, did bis/tris and abs, then did about two more on the elliptical. Then I went to work and back to the gym for lunch. After work, I went and met Josh and Dave (J's co-worker) for dinner and a couple of drinks at Cilantro's. It was very good.
You know, I go to the gym a lot. Like every day. And EVERY DAY I see things that damn near put me over the edge. I realize that I'm not a trainer. My body is FAR from perfect. Very far, infact. And I honestly have no right to bitch about the short comings of others. But it's my blog...so I'll do as I please. I seriously do know a little something about fitness/nutrition. So below are my top 10 gripes about gym folk. Enjoy.
1. Don't drink Gatoraide. There is no need. Unless you're outside playing college or pro football or running a marathon -- you don't need it. There a ton of calories in those sports drinks. More than likely -- you won't burn off that drink while you're working out. Drink water. Just drink water.
2. If you aren't there to work out, leave. I see so many people wandering aimlessly through the gym. They may hop on a machine and do like 10 reps, but then they'll get off and wander some more. They'll stop and watch TV, they will make small talk. Just because you physically go to the gym DOES NOT mean that you are going to lose weight or build muscle. Walking into the building is not enough. You actually have to do something while your there. Crazy, I know.
3. Have a plan. Again, so many aimless bodies taking up space cramps the style of everyone else in the gym. Those folks who actually have a purpose. Don't float from one machine to the next "working" body parts at random. Before you start, you should know that today is tricep day...or shoulders...or legs. A big ol' half assed hodgepodge is not effective.
4. Speaking of half assed-ness... If you are working out, you should be sweating...short of breath, etc. If you're not, then you probably won't be burning off anything. Don't get on a treadmill and go negative two miles per hour. Step it up, slacker.
5. Fat folks shouldn't wear Underarmor. I know. That's mean. But it's true. Most skinny folks shouldn't either. There are very few people that it flatters.
6. Check your accessories at the door. You are at the gym. You are there to work out, get sweaty, etc. This is not time nor the place for excessive crap. I hate seeing girls with make-up at 5 a.m. (truth be told, I hate seeing anyone at 5 a.m., but I'm there so ya know). Also the visors, (neck) chains not necessary fellas.
7. Repeat offenders. There are folks who come in every day (which is great) but EVERY DAY...they work the same body part. There's "Arm Guy" or "Leg Guy." The thing is - you have to work other parts too.
8. Ab freaks. So many times I see people wailing away on this weighted ab crunch machine. This is just going to bulk up your mid-section. And, more often than not, you're just working from momentum. Serious talk.
9. Form failure. I could go on forever on this one. If you do not know what you're doing, put down the weights. You're going to hurt yourself. Stop and ask someone. Don't just toss a dumb bell around. I see this primarily when women are trying to do tricep extensions. They have no idea what they're supposed to be working. It's painful to watch.
10. Mo weight. Ladies you do not have to be afraid of the weights. You're not going to bulk up if you lift heavier weights. You're only going to bulk up if you take in an insane amount of protein. You've got to challenge yourself with heavy weights. Don't kill yourself, of course. I'm always afraid that the guys who lift uber heavy weights are going to poo on themselves. Yikes.
Friday - Fridays are always good days! :) Work has been kind of busy but steadily moving along. Erika and I went for Thai and got to spend some time with Ash and Julio while there. That was nice. I LOVE that thai place. I'm debating whether or not to go to the gym after work. Today is supposed to be an "off" day so that the ol' legs can rest up for the race. But it's hard for me. I'm feelin really fat.
No comments:
Post a Comment