Sunday, October 31, 2010

Spa day, Ga-Fla madness and a photo shoot

Hey y'all -- I've miss you out there in bloggie land. I've been having the BEST weekend ever (actually an extended weekend). If there was a VH1 Special for "best weekends ever" - I would have made it...and seriously, I'm surprised they don't - they have a show for everything else.

First, let me hit the high points of Thursday and Friday. Then I'll talk up Saturday and Halloween - my favorite holiday cause I'm just that morbid.

Thursday was GREAT. I hadn't seen Josh, at all, during the week. He was working nights. And. I. hate it. We just kind of passed each other a few times with little interaction - very much "ships in the night." I hate being alone, even with my awesome security system ... and my two attack dogs, it just plain sucks.

But that night (Thurs) it rained and J got to come home. I was freaking thrilled. I'd missed him SO much. Initally, I had picked up Thai for dinner alone but I shoved that in the fridge when I found out that he was coming home. We hit our local pub/grill spot, Zachry's. We stayed up way too late just chatting, listening to music and enjoying one another. Hurray for reconnecting with your spouse - LOL!

But he had to go back t o work Friday night which made me really sad. :( I got up Friday and went to work. I felt like poo from insufficinent sleep (and a smidge of a hang over.) I powered through. Afterwards, I went to the gym for a four mile walk while reading "The Glass Castle." I made tons of progress. I came home to the pups, ate my Thai food from Thursday, read and called it an early night. I was SO tired but also looking forward to Saturday. We had plans to cash in our anniversary massage in J-ville. Yes. Sweet.

Josh rolled in from work around 3 a.m. - which is better than rolling in around 6 a.m. which is what it has been. At around 8 a.m., I hopped up, fed the pups and watched a Criminal Minds episode. Then I had to do a run. I got in a little over three miles. AND I got to use my new watch that J got me for our anniversary. It keeps pace, distance, etc. Love it. 

Once the work was done, it was time to head down to J-ville (45 mins from our house) to get the massage. Also in J-ville was the annual Ga-Fla football game. It's such a huge deal where we live. Folks from Athens (and other places) stop in on St. Simons on their way down. Friday afternoon there was an estimated 6,000 people on the beach with copious amounts of alcohol. It's not called the "world's largest outdoor cocktail party" for nothing. 

I was kind of worried about game day traffic Saturday but Jacksonville is the biggest city, in terms of area, in the country. It can handle the traffic flow. We went down and encountered no traffic issues. The massage was at the Seventh Heaven Day Spa which is where I got my post-marathon (or rather half marathon) rub down. Amazing. And they didn't disappoint this time either.

We had a "couple's tease" package - that is a foot treatment, massage and facial plus champagne. Yes sir.

From there we put in an appearance at St. John's Town Center for a little shopping.
Love it.

I picked up a couple of things. Then it was back to B-wick to watch AU beat up on Ole Miss. It took longer than we'd have liked but they gained control and put it away. By half time, we felt safe enough to go out to our neighborhood spot. Josh would never leave home whilst Auburn is playing unless he's convinced a win is coming. Otherwise, he'd have to stay home and help pull them through. We watched the end of our game and a couple of others. 

Here we are living it up:
We headed home to chill and then to bed. That was about as close to perfect as a day could be!
Sunday was Halloween - love it. As I said, it's my favorite holiday. 

This one was even more fun because we had photos with Bobby for our Chrismas card on the agenda. I don't want to ruin it so I'll wait until we have the actual photos. But I promise to pick that back up ASAP.

2 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! Love it - and agree, shocking they don't have a show for that. LOL I want a massage - I want to be pampered damn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it to it! You DO deserved to be pampered!

    ReplyDelete