So from the title you can tell that it's been crazy busy lately. Lots going on...so I'm going to try to cover some quick topics with lots of photos.
Let's jump in, shall we?
Thursday...I woke up and had master sized hang over to go with (my nearly fully obtained) master's degree. Not only that but I also could not extend my right arm because of a massive pain in my elbow. I mean - Ouch. It wasn't in my "elbow" really. It was more of my interior joint...if that makes sense. Anyway it hurt like a bizatch...as did my head. But, hey, did it to myself...and had fun whilst doing it. Not sure where the arm issue came from but I did do biceps Wednesday, so possibly from that?
I pulled myself together and went to work.
I worked through the morning but the rando arm pain just got worse. I went to my favorite Thai place to fill up on green tea and spicy shrimp (works wonders when you've had one too many). I went back to work feeling better but still dealing with the arm pain.
Finally, I decided to bite the bullet and go to Applecare (an emergency care center). I seriously thought I'd torn something. It was that bad. I just couldn't understand why it happened all of a sudden.
So yes, round 2 p.m. I went to the doc. The verdict? A sprain. He gave me anti-inflamatories (score) and told me to wear a sling (no way), also to "not use it or do any activity" for three weeks (mmm...yeah, no way, Jose!). I'll just take the anti-inflams - thanks! After that I rushed home and changed then beeped over to Zaxby's for my "last class" dinner with Holly. That was super. Then we actually headed to our last class. SO EXCITED. It was short, which rocked. All of us who are graduating got together for a fun photo op afterwards.

Nafi, Cindy, Me and Holly
I went home for quality time with the puppies and to bed early. Josh was working overnight again (which sucked) and at this point I hadn't really seen him since Tuesday.
Friday - I came into work and these were waiting for me. They're from my parents (for finishing school)...so sweet. That was a nice way to start the day.





Since I couldn't do weights (because of my bum arm)...I hit the shower. Got ready and went to the grocery store to pick up some extra stuff (or rather stuff that I forgot Friday). We got ready and went to Braxton (one of J's co-workers and fellow Auburn alum) and Codi's engagement party in Richmond Hill. It was at Braxton's mom's house on the water. Amazing.




Saturday - I woke up in need of a long run but also in need of a clean house. The clean house came first. I scrubbed that and did laundry. We ate lunch then I headed over to the gym for 6 miles on the tready.
Here's the break down:
Still shooting for that eight minute mile!


Pretty good for four - I slowed down considerably for a few minutes after the 5K portion.

So moving along...five miles.

Whoop whoop - six! Once I was done with six, I slowed down and started walking....but then I felt like running again...so I did. I stretched it out to seven. Great work out.

Done!
I love the Low Country!
Josh and I
Two little Auburn engineers
Braxton, Codi, Me and Josh
We had a great time. The food was awesome, as was the location. We headed back in time to catch the second half of the Auburn game, which was intense...but we won. That's all that matters.
Once we got home and finished the game, I read a little and went to sleep. Fini!


Great dress! Love the treadmill pics! so OMG - is your arm okay?!
ReplyDelete