Friday, October 22, 2010

Strep throat, working from home, and a fam reunion

I have noticed that my recent posts have gotten all twisted around. Very odd and annoying.

Anyway...I'll start with Wednesday - our 3 year anniversary. It was also the day that I found out that I had strep throat. Ugh. This is the only time, that I remember, having it. And let me tell you, it's AWFUL. I feel like my throat is a big open wound. 

Ugh. So we did make it to dinner for our anniversary. That was nice. We ate at our favorite place, Crabdaddy's, which was amazing - as always. Josh gave me an awesome runners watch with GPS and a pacing device. I got us a couple's massage at a spa in Jacksonville. It's a massage, facial and foot treatment plus chocolates and champagne. I'm excited. 

We went home and went to sleep. I woke up Thursday feeling worse than the day before. I got up and started working. I just laid in bed and typed. all. day. long. I just felt like crap. Total. 

In between, e-interviews, I watched a Ghost Hunters marathon that I TiVoed that other day. That was nice. 

Love some ghostie hunters :)

Later in the day, I worked up the energy to go get my antibiotics - finally. I should have gone earlier but I just didn't feel like it. So anyway. I made it back home and got back into pjs and relaxed. Josh made me soup (sweet boy). Then I went to bed, but the pain kept waking me up. What the frig? 

I finally got to sleep and woke up around 8 a.m. Friday and started working again. I also had to prepare to leave for the weeend trip to PCB for a family reunion. That's going to be interesting. I'm hoping to sleep on the way and maybe feel better once I get there. I don't know. I just hope that I'm no longer contagious. That's the big thing. Strep is VERY contagious. So we'll see. Fingers crossed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment