Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Missing hubby, bridge run, and trip prep

Tuesday - It was all about standard operating procedure. Not much new. 

Well other than not sleeping well because the hubs was gone. That sucked. I just can't STAY asleep. I can FALL asleep...but then my leg will wander over to his side and I wake up. 

I can't remember if I mentioned that Josh is working nights this week (he didn't leave me). :) I miss him like mad though.  

So back to Tuesday. I got up, worked and went to the gym at lunch. I ran errands too. See, nothing exciting. Other than being soooo very, very tired. It was just another day...which turned into just another night without my hubby, which led to yet another sleepless night. 

Boo.

Wednesday - I woke again all groggy and irritable. Went through the motions...got ready, went to work. Blah, blah. 

I'm really starting to hate life. Not seeing (REALLY seeing...I've seen him come in and go to sleep) Josh since Sunday is starting to take its toll. 

At lunch, I run to the stylist in our mall for an eyebrow wax and a trim. No gym work out because I was meeting Ashley at "the bridge" for a run after work. 

Now let me explain. We used to run this bridge - the Sidney Lanier - all the time. In fact, that's how she got me to start running. It's the longest and tallest bridge in Georgia. And, to say the least, running up and down this bizatch is challenging. It's a 5K, the up-over-and-back. 

We haven't done it in a while...and it showed. We made it though. Despite a few instances of our hearts nearly exploding - we made it. 

Of course, Ashley's answer "We need to do this more often. Once a week." My answer, "We really should never do this again. Ever. No one should. It sucks."  

Here are some shots of it:

The approach/a good time to change your mind

View from the top...makes you ALMOST feel like it's worth it. Almost. 

Ugh. 

So yeah. It was over. And I was grateful. It's always rewarding to say "I went and ran the bridge" the actually RUNNING of the bridge sucks. I went home and started to pack for my bestie Emily's wedding which is this weekend. I'm so very excited. It's going to be a blast. However, trying to fit all of my "stuff" into two suitcases is not quite as fun. :( 

Then it was off to bed for what would be *fingers crossed* my last sleepless/Joshless night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment