Monday, October 4, 2010

Surprise!

Saturday - OK so for more than a MONTH I've been planning a surprise party for Josh. I wanted it to be simple, not cost a lot and just a fun get together. Even so, that included lining up the venue, creating menus, and nailing down decorations. I then had to gather addresses, mail invites, get the responses...MOST difficult of all, I had to figure out how it would all seamlessly unfold...all whislt keeping it a secret from my better half. 

I don't know how I pulled that off. Seriously. No idea. I guess the party gods love me? Must be true.

Anywhoo, after mucho prep, it was finally here. Oct. 2. I just had to GET him there. Thankfully, his family was there to help. Still, I was a BIG ball of nerves all day. 

Ash and Julio (my partners in crime) had agreed to set it all up for me at Brogen's on St. Simons. I had arranged to have the entire balcony space set-up with food and drinks. 

I started it off that morning with a six mile run to burn off some nervous energy. From there, we chilled and got ready. We did lunch/Auburn game at Tucan's Ale House....AND came very close to disaster when I went to the bathroom and J checked a text from Ashley about the cupcakes she picked up for me - thankfully he paid it no attention. *I said all along that the ONE thing I had going for me was J's obliviousness to all things around him.*

Anywhoo. So after lunch, we went back and hung out at the hizzle. The girls played rummy and the boys watched football. Later, I attempted to take a nap but that didn't happen. TOO excited. We had told J that we'd leave for SSI for dinner around 6-ish. The surprise party peeps were supposed to be set and ready around 6:30. We actually left the house around 6:15 p.m. THEN Josh stopped to wash the car window. THEN he stopped to show his folks the site of an upcoming golf tournament. I was about to have a stroke. But. We. made. it. 

We parked on the far end of the village and walked all the way to Brogen's, which is on the ocean end. I "talked" to Ash who "invited us to come have drinks with her and Julio at Brogen's." I wasn't sure if that was going to work but it did. We got there...climbed the stairs AND, well, I'll let the pictures tell the rest (note...there is a sidebar link to more Snapfish pics):

Ahhhh - surprise! 
Probably a bad idea!

It was just an AMAZING time. The whole thing was perfect. It felt great being surrounded by family, friends ... all the people here that we love. So awesome. And, yes, I do feel like a organziational goddess for pulling it all off. 

After we wrapped up things upstairs, we went down to watch Alabama beat up on Florida, and poor Georgia lose to Colorado. Brogen's packed up all our left over food for us...which pretty much rocked. 

Natalie was nice enough (and sober) to drive our slightly skewed tails home. Once I got there, I ATTACKED the remaining sandwich tray. I didn't eat a bite the entire time (although, I did consume plenty of liquids). :) 

From there, it was bed time for me. I was SO done. Josh, Nat, and their folks sat up longer. Apparently, Nat and Josh stayed up until 4 a.m. talking (and arm wrestling...no idea). But a good time was definitely had by all. 

Thankfully I woke up Sunday feeling pretty good. Too bad that wasn't true for little Josh in the morning. Hangovers are such a bizatch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment