Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween, 6 miles, Jax part deux and .... the photo shoot results

Let's travel back to Sunday...which was spooktacular. Ha. 

We had pictures with Bobby at Epworth by the Sea planned at 3:30 p.m. so everything pretty much revolved around that. The actual "event" and the preparation. 

The goal: Get some cute family shots for Christmas cards. I woke up early...bathed the pups and got ready. I ran some errands and then went and got my make-up done at Ulta. Love having one here! A super sweet girl named Michelle got me all "gussied up." And I mean it. It was A LOT of make-up. I would never have the time or the patience (or the ability) to do this to myself. It was involved. I think it came out great in the photos. It was way heavy in real life. Afterwards, it was back home for final touches. We drove over to Epworth by the Sea on St. Simons Island. It's a Methodist retreat area that's close to the water. There's several buildings where churches meet...but we stayed in the "green" area. Tons of Live Oaks with Spanish moss. Lovely Lane Chapel is also there. It's such a beautiful church. Just a gorgeous spot period. 
AND we got some GREAT pictures. 

Here are a few of my favorites:

At Lovely Lane 


One of the two above is the likely winner. I really like the one seated for the background but I like the one where we're standing behind the branch too.

What's your vote?


Here's another in the gazebo

I was very pleased...I think they turned out great. Big thanks to Bobby for doing that for us. Love him. 

From there, we went home to drop the pups, then to the grocery store to pick-up some randoms I forgot when I went to the grocery store Saturday. 

Then it was trick-or-treat time. Let me tell you....it is CRAZY in our neighborhood. There are a billion children running loose. They bus them in from other places. No lie. To prepare for the onslaught, I'd been collecting candy for a month. I felt prepared. But, at the same time, I really didn't want to have to deal with answering the door. The dogs would go crazy each time the door bell rang. I also didn't want to sit on the porch because of the sand gnats. Plus we were wanting to grill and chill. SO I came up with an ingenious idea. I stuck my candy dish in my old flower urn. I taped a note to it asking each "ghoul" to take two pieces of candy. I signed it "the ghost." 



Of course, I'm a realist. I know that 99.9 percent of those little brats took more than two pieces. But that's fine. I didn't have to deal with it and the candy shop was closed by 7:30 p.m. No muss, no fuss. 

Inside, we watched some Celeb Ghosties and Ghost Hunters. Then called it a night. Overall, a very productive day!  

On Monday I went to work anxious to see the photo results. And, as I said, I was thrilled. That was a really fun thing about the day. Other than that it was work, work, work. I went to the gym at lunch and did three elliptical miles and ran three miles for a total of six. 

After work, I ventured down to Jacksonville by myself for the first time ever. I went back to St. John's Town Center to return some stuff. I made it ... but it was tough. I was nearly killed. Twice.

I was also all stressed out. I hate driving in heavy traffic and that was heavy. People also drive like they have a death wish. Very scary. 

But I made it there and back in one piece. Whoop. When I got home, it was already pretty late. Late for me that is...I grabbed a bite, played with my new photos on the computer and hit the hay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment