Monday, October 11, 2010

Byron's day out, sports and a mileage milestone

**I apologize for the long absence. Things have been super crazy for me lately, even without school. It seems like the more time I have the more things I do and so really I have less time. Oy. But anywhoo.

Let's jump backward and hit Sunday and Monday. 

Sunday was a TERRIFIC day. Awesome. Josh got up early and headed back to the golf tournament with Butch. I, on the other hand, stayed at home and chilled with the pups. Keats had a grooming appointment around noon. Byron and I dropped her off then we went to have a day on St. Simons. It was great. He really enjoyed it. 

Check it out:


We took in the Glynn Arts festival - Art in the Park - a very dog friendly event

We walked over a mile...by the ocean...through the Pier Village

Contemplating the origins of time and space.

Beautiful beach

Taking a water break in the park

After we left the island, I took a beat little doggie back to the house. Then, I had to turn right around and go get Keats from PetSmart. We made it back and Josh came home. Then, we went to our new local restaurant Zachary's to sit on the screened porch. We ate apps., had drinks and watched baseball (Braves lost) and several football games.  

Fun times! Food was great and the drinks were better.

Josh and his cheese sticks.

We went home after the games then proceeded to stay up pretty late watching one of my favorite movies, "The Hours." Love it. Then, it was off to bed to get ready for a super busy week ahead.

Monday - I was TIRED. Super tired. 

I drug myself out of bed and made it in to work. I did some work but skipped the lunch time work out, instead I ran errands. I finally got it together for a post-work run. 

It turned out to be more than I bargained for...I ACTUALLY made my 8-minute mile. I did it. Of course, I had to jump off to take the picture. I was SO proud. 


From there, I had to stop the machine and go get my head band - my hair was ALL over the place. I started again. Slower this time and did a 5K, so four miles total.

Here it is at three miles. 

Then at 3.2 (the 5K mark) I hate that it took so long from 3 to 3.2.

After that, I did some abs (still can't fully work my arm so no arm work outs this week). I left there, beeped by Lowes and Seasons of Japan to pick up my dinner. *Josh was working that night, which is becoming standard now ... and I hate it.* 

I went home, ate and chilld with the pups. I had two glasses of wine and went to bed. Of course, without J I didn't sleep well at all. Sad. I can't wait until things get back to normal. 

1 comment:

  1. hehe love Byron's day out! He's such a cutie! Many congrats on your 8-minute mile! You go fast hoe! :)

    So excited to get to see you and work out with you this weekend! I'm thinking about working out Saturday and Sunday - not sure?? I'll bring enough clothes for both!

    ReplyDelete