Thursday, October 14, 2010

The girls I love...

This weekend the last of my VERY best friends is getting married. I thought it only fitting to publish a post about them and just how much they mean to me.

AND I just have to preface by saying that it's not an original idea. Kelly, one of "my three," did something similar this afternoon. I was touched. So I decided to take a page out of her playbook, which is nothing new. Kel is kinda like my guru. I love her playbook. It's the best.

Anyway a bit of the back story....

I met Emily (the bride) when we were about 9. We were both going to Enterprise Gymnastics Center. Emily was WAY better than me. But she was super nice and overlooked my short comings. We made fast friends and have remained close since then.

I've always loved this girl. She was (and is) just the MOST real, good hearted and honest person you'd ever hope to meet. Not to mention, she's funny as hell.

Megan and Kelly were a grade older than me and Emily. So they were a little intimidating but once we got to high school we all joined together on danceline. From there out, we were always close.

Megan is a self proclaimed "country girl." She's sweet and vivacious. If she loves you, she loves you. She'll take a bullet for you. Just don't piss her off....really, don't. Megan has never been about pretense or "puttin on airs." She doesn't give a shit. And, she'll tell you that.

*Sidebar, all of us seem to have a very "colorful" vocabulary. We always have. I think that also helped to build our friendships.*

Kelly is, like a said, someone I view as a guru. She's the epitome of organization and planning. I LOVE THAT. I strive to BE that. She's SUPER smart and always on the ball. She is also SPUNKY and tells you EXACTLY what's she's thinking. Kel DOES NOT mince words. Ever. You've got to admire that about someone.

That's the recipe and, as they say, the rest was/is history. I can't believe we've come this far (actually I CAN). We've been through personal trials/tribulations, successes, failures, weddings, funerals...not to mention countless boyfriends and HAIR STYLES.

We've stuck together despite our physical distance. Em's around D.C., I'm on the Georgia coast, Megs is in Alabama and Kel is in Atlanta.

Regardless of the distance...I love these girls and I certainly wouldn't be me without them.

*Sniffle*

Anywhoo...I could go on about "my three" all night. But I'll just give ya a QUICK run down of our friendship...in pictures.



Let's travel back to 1999...


holy God.

We WERE BABIES.


Me and Megan...in this picture I was 16 and she was 17. She and her hubby Clint are having their first baby (Ava) in January! They still live in Enterprise.


My little Latino Kel Bel again we were 16 and 17.


Kel is working on introducing a sibling to her only child, puppy Reuben.
She and hubby Austin live in an AMAZING house in Alpharetta.

I discovered this non-danceline pic of me and Kel.
*WE DIDN'T TAKE MANY PICS IN THE LATE 90s*
We were both at the junior college for this one.
I think...maybe I just gradauted high school.

Me and Em (the bride!) She still probably tumbles better than I do. Haha!
She's the one who moved farthest from home - a bold move.
That's where she met Tim, her hubby-to-be.
The four musketeers doing what we do best at that time...drinking and solving the world's problems. I think we were all 21 to 22 in this picture.

Now let's look at some more recent shots. They really span from 2004 to 2010:

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! (So much in fact, I will probably have a not-so-subtle copy-cat version of the same on my blog soon) Now...when will you do the college version of your Fave 3? (Aka the "J Clan")

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED reading this sweetie!! I had such a wonderful weekend with you and WOW - your round up of pictures and descriptions of us were pretty hilarious + dead on. Heart! (hugs) Miss you already!!

    ReplyDelete