Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Back to the grind but feeling better

So backing up to Sunday, which is simple, it was all about traveling.

Well, that's not entirely true. Before we rolled, we did lunch with Josh's folks and they showed us around some new places in PCB. But other than that...five hours driving, which sucks as always.

We did listen to "The Girl That Kicked the Hornet's Nest" on the way. I always feel that a book on CD makes the time move faster. I've actually read the book a while ago. But Josh is currently reading/listening to it. It's part of the Stieg Larsson's Millenium triology - I LOVE. I had loaned my book (Hornet's Nest) to Mary B., then to Erika. So when Josh finished book II (the Girl Who Played with Fire) he was stuck. I felt bad, so got the CD then Erika finished it.

*sigh*

Now we have both...which is fine. I have them ALL on audio AND in print. It's fine. I don't mind spending money on something that's really good. I actually found out recently that Larsson is now one of the top 10 grossing DEAD celebs of 2010 (no doubt due, at least in part, to fools like me). :)

Oh whilst traveling, Keats sleeps in her large kennel in the back but little Byron DEMANDS to be held so he can cuddle and sleep. He slept most of the way, like dis.

AWWW!!


Friggin doll

Anywhoos. We finally made it home, unpacked and chilled. That was the day. I woke up in the morning already hating Monday. It was back to work after being sick AND it was going to be a busy day. I started off by forgetting my work lap top. Shit. THEN I had to move Josh's work truck and my SUV to get the car out of the garage because I had a flipping nail in my tire.

True dat. That was the beginning and I scrambled all day. I was, however, productive and it went by fast. That was good. I didn't get to work out at lunch. I had to dash home and grab the aforementioned forgotten laptop. #)*%$) - but at least I got to have lunch with J.

I did work out after work. I went back to cycling for the first time in months. My body had just gotten TOO used to it. I was at the point where I barely broke a sweat. It was great to get back in the saddle. I had a terrific cardio workout. Then I did triceps, abs and a little extra upper body work for good measure. I did some lat pull downs, 30 "manly" push ups (one set on an incline), overhead rope extensions, one arm dumbell extensions, tricep dips with straight legs. For abs, I LOVE lengthening movements. I did incline sit-ups, weighted (light weights - you never want to lift a lot of weight on your abs - they'll get bulky and your waist line will increase). I also did pike ups (my favorite) and Russian twists. Great workout.

From there, I went by Target and Seasons of Japan before coming to da casa. Josh was working that night. :( I hung out, made a CD, started my blog and worked on a UGA generations story (the Ga-Fla game is on the horizon) for work Wednesday. Then, Josh got to come home early - loved it. We chatted then hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment