Thursday, September 30, 2010

Catching up...

Wow this week has really gotten away from me. But, in my defense, it's one of the busiest weeks of my life. Work, Josh's birthday, finishing grad school - whoop, trying to keep up with my work outs, preparing for Josh's folks, taking the Ga. Work Ready test .... 

Total chicken sans head. Stressed/overwhelemed/exhausted. 

But let me give a fast run down of Monday and Tuesday. Then I'll move on to Wednesday. 

Monday: 
• No early morning workout - but rolled in early to work.
• Ran birthday related errands at lunch.
• Worked more... 
• After work, did three miles on the elliptical plus bis/tris/abs. 
• Came home and made dinner.
• E-mailed papers to teachers. 
• Slept.

Tuesday:
• Again no ealy work out. Boo!
• Worked.
• Walked a mile at lunch while reading some "Eat, Pray, Love" or maybe it was "The Gift of Rain" (this is the book that I can't get through even though I've read like 2 other books while pretending to read it) I can't remember. I also did shoulders and abs. 
• Back to work and worked some more.
• Went home and started mopping/vaccuming the house.
• Made Josh cream corn and BBQ coke chicken for dinner.
• Had a glass of wine and watched the Braves with J.
• Slept.

OK so Wednesday. Again no early work out. Ash and I had planned for a long run that morning but the tropical storm rains were moving through so that was a no go. 

I went to work and did the gym for lunch. I decided to get in a quick 5K on the treadmill. I really hate running at lunch because I have to dry all the sweat in my hair, but I desperately NEEDED to release some stress. 

SO here's what I did:

Much better than my 28 mins on the last race day! Go figure. I think that I got 3.2 in 27:14. Not bad. I jumped off, cleaned-up then headed back to work. At 3 p.m., I had to go do this Georgia Work Ready test for the company. Basically, you take a three part test: Reading, math and reading for information. You're graded as a Gold, Silver, Bronze, etc. If enough people at a business are certified as "work ready," the business will be ranked "work ready." Once enough businesses are certified, then the county can be certified which helps lure industry...yeah. Blah, blah. :) 

So I took the test made a 7/7 on the reading and a 5/7 on the math. I suck at math. But whatev. That part is done. I have to go back Thursday to finish the last portion of the test.  

Once that was done, I went to meet Ash and Marla for cocktails at a new restaurant that opened RIGHT down from all of our houses. 

Hallelujah!!!  

Here's a shot of the fun dinning/bar area.

The evening was made even more awesome by the fact that our wine WAS FREE. Um yeah - free. Apparently they didn't have the cabernet in their system so SCORE. We had cocktails plus shrimps, ahi tuna and calamari. Great food and convo. We will def. be regulars here. 

After that, I ran by Dominos to get a pizza for J. Then home. I let him open one of his b-day presents early...which made him happy. 

It was the "Lion King" - haha - it's his fav. So we went to bed and watched some of it. I didn't last long...Mufasa was still alive and he and Simba were frolicking around. I was out. J watched the entire thing. 

But I had to get a good night's sleep so I'd be totally ready for the birthday party! 

1 comment:

  1. busy busy bee - great job squeezing in those workouts and AWESOME time on that 3.16 on the treadmill - you go girl!!! Sweet gift for Josh - love it. And Austin is coming along.... the breeder just asked me to call tomorrow. We'll see!!!!!!!! THANKS for asking, bestie!

    ReplyDelete