Monday, September 6, 2010

Weagle weagle and a holiday (a real holiday)

So SATURDAY I woke up and felt like POO. For real, poo. Sore throat. Sinus stuffed up. 

It was either a cold or a sinus infection - miserable. I didn't try to hide it. I didn't fool myself into thinking that I'd be running or working out. There was no way. I did manage to clean the house...and to move from different areas to mope. I did clean and worked on my curriculum paper. I zipped to the grocery store because we had NOTHING to eat (and no toilet paper either so it was a MUST). 

We grilled and watched the football. I was there in spirit but just didn't feel good. :( 

Josh was SO excited (Keats was less thrilled). And we're both in love with Auburn's new quarterback Cam Newton! Awesome.   

After the game, we went to bed. I was DONE. 

Sunday - I woke up feeling pretty much the same. I didn't want to do anything and I actually laid in the bed and watched TiVoed Criminal Minds for an hour or two. 
Then I made myself get up and be productive. I worked on the paper and have almost finished it. Whoop. 

The rest of the day was just a wash. Laying around and watching Tivoed shows. Truth be told, it wasn't that bad. It's nice to rest. 

Monday though I was off (for the first time in four years) and I REALLY wanted to make something of the day. 

I got up an went running on Jekyll Island. That was a pitiful display. Too hot. Too sick. But I did three miles and was done. I did take pics of some pretty scenery:

I've only ran on the beach ONCE. And never again....way too hot. So I stuck to the trails. It was nice and would have been much nicer if I felt better. 

So I went home and got dressed. I talked Josh into taking me to lunch. He also got a haircut while I got my eyebrows waxed. Then we went to Longhorn. Yums. 

After that, we just went home and chilled. I popped (randomly) the old Disney version of Sleeping Beauty. Love it. I took a nap (ha - became "sleeping beauty") and then woke up and made dinner. 
After that we took the puppers for a walk, which they LOVED. By then the day was done...so to bed and back to the real world.   

No comments:

Post a Comment