: (
What ya gonna do? I went home and chilled.
Josh and I were able to hammer out travel plans for my bestie's (Emily's) wedding. It's going to be in Powhatan, Va. in October.
* Sidebar: It's going to be amazing...I mean we got married in October - but it's going to be SO NICE in a place that actually has a FALL. Georgia has two seasons SUMMER and Christmas.
We just had to lock down the details: Room, flights, etc. But now we're set. Once that was in the bag, I took NyQuil and hit the hay.
Wednesday - I woke up at 4 a.m. feeling much better. Ash and I had made plans to run the causeway at 5:45 a.m. but she didn't sleep well so that was a no go, which was fine. I wasn't 100 percent and my legs have been a little sore lately. Some times you REALLY DO need to rest. But resting is something that I'm not good at. I mean, I ENJOY it...I just feel SO guilty. It's not worth it most of the time.
Anyway...I was super productive this morning. I ordered bridesmaid's shoes for Em's wedding, folded clothes, paid my tuition for my LAST term of grad school all before 5:45 a.m. - LOVE IT! Thankfully I had my Fast Twitch energy drink (hello - NO calories...250 mg of caffiene - is that even legal?).
I did run three miles around the neighborhood, showered and headed in. It was sweet Shanessa's 22nd birthday (22!! Do you remember 22? I don't! Ha...one of those blurry years!). But I really do always get excited for other people's birthdays - not as excited as I get for mine of course - still it's fun. We took her to Fox's Pizza for lunch and gave her a super cute card.
MY day got really interesting more toward the end. So here's the back story...Nancy Grace - attorney and TV personality - is coming to sign books on SSI. My mom and I have watched her show FOR YEARS and my editor asked if I would A) find her publicist and B) see if I could get a quick Q&A for a story.
I thought "yeah sure." BUT I found the publicist who was uber helpful. She messaged me after 5 p.m. and asked if I could chat with Nancy at 6:45. I've learned over the years that you DO NOT SAY NO TO NANCY GRACE. So I said ABSOLUTELY. I ran home and started reading her book reviews and plot. Her book is called "Death on the D List." Exciting. I gave Christine (the pub) my cell. She confirmed that Nanc would call at 6:45 p.m. - so I sat and waited.

The well coiffed Nanc
My phone rang at 6:44 p.m. Oh my God. It's not that I'm THAT in love with her - it's just a relatively big star (and fellow ADPi). Lots of pressure. But it went SO well. She's just a good ol' Southern girl (from Macon). When we were done, I was uber excited. Josh took me out for Mexican to celebrate my "big interview." That was a blast. Great convo - mostly about football (I'm on the newspaper panel again this year - AND I'm leading the board after week one). We went home and literally straight into bed. Such a great day.
Yay for the big interview - love it!
ReplyDeleteAnd no - 22 seems like an eon ago! LOL
Glad you're feeling better!
Wow Lindz! That is impressive! Although NG scares the bejeezus out of me, that is definitely something to be proud of.
ReplyDelete