Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Relaxed Sunday and a moving Monday

Sunday - I woke up at about 7:30, fed the doggies, threw on some laundry then got to cleaning. That was certainly a process...it went on and on AND ON until well after 10 a.m. (OF course it didn't help that I was watchng my tivo-ed shows - Celeb Ghost Stories, etc). 

Once that was done...I made some yummy minestrone and a sandwich for lunch. I settled in to finish up my cultural diversity online mid-term. Well, that lasted much longer than expected. Fast forward to 3 p.m and I was SO SICK of that stupid test. It asked the most off the wall, absurd questions. Whatever. I submitted it and washed my hands of that whole mess. 

THEN I'd planned to work on my curriculum paper - it was almost finished - but instead got into some Criminal Minds. It started to rain, and ya know, it was too good to pass up. So the rest of the afternoon was all about chilling. 

Byron set the tone:
Hehe - such a happy doggie!

So we just hung out and watched the show. Josh went and picked me up the "healthy" version of China One's shrimp and steamed veggies - i.e. no brown sauce. That was yum. Then we called it a night. Great weekend!

Monday - I popped up before 5 a.m. and wasn't sure if it REALLY was Monday - it was and that meant my lazy a$$ had to get up and run. All the boozing and bread over the weekend was not going away on its own. So I got up and hit the pavement. I did five miles, showered and went to work. 

It was a pretty productive day. I got to write a story about the Beatles' song "When I'm 64." LOVE it. That made it an enjoyable experience. At lunch, I beeped over to the gym for leg work and another mile for a total of six (walked this one). 

While I was there, the BOTTOM FELL OUT. I had to run back to the car...in the rain...in heels. Lovely. 

After work, I went by Harvey's to get some "cheap chicken" for Josh. Mondays are "cheap chicken" Mondays - lol - seriously. He had fried chicken and then I made him some sides. I had a veggie mix - left over Jasmine rice, carrots, brocolli. 

Mmmm hmmm...after dinner Josh massaged by EXHAUSTED legs (bless him) while watching Monday night football - he's the best man, I swear! So we hung out and went to bed. Not too exciting, but a productive day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment