Sunday, September 19, 2010

Auburn, baby!

Friday - I was so excited to be off and get ready to head to the Plains. I woke up around 7 a.m. to realize that my hubby STILL wasn't home. :( He worked from noon overnight until like 9 a.m. Friday. It sucked. 

When he got home, he was exhausted and dirty. Bless him. He took to the bed while I went for a three mile run. I got home, showered and cleaned the house. I went and got some groceries for the road. I woke poor J up around 2 and we got on the road. 

I had planned to drive the whole 4 hours. But I didn't sleep well Thursday and got tired about 45 mins into it. So he took over. We rolled into Auburn around 7 p.m. central. We had planned to meet up with Megs and Clint at Niffer's for dinner. It was super crowded but the time gave us a while to catch up. 

Me, Megs and baby Ava - in her belly, haha - at Niffer's 

Josh and I at Niffer's - he looks so tired.

After dinner, we went back to the hotel and hit the hay. Done.

We woke up early Saturday. It was GAME DAY and we were ready to go! It was awesome. Great morning. Beautiful day. 

SO hot. 

We went over to Tiger Town and got coffee. We did some shopping then headed to the tailgate zone. It was quite the trek (at least I got some type of work out in) but SO worth it. 

I'm gonna let the pictures speak for themselves: 
Walking to the tail gate 
Me and my bestie Kel at their tail gate - they had a great set-up. 

A hat for baby Ava when she makes her arrival in January. 

We loved touching Megs baby bump!
Reuben hung in the whole time! 
My favorite tradition - Tiger Walk. The crowd greets the players as they enter the stadium. 
It's sweet. 

This was Josh's 30th birthday gift. Amazing tickets and a fun-filled weekend. I hope he enjoyed. 
More best friends from Enterprise. The guys - Tyson and John - lived with J in Auburn. Jen, John's wife, is also pregnant. :) 

War Eagle! AWESOME SEATS! 

It was a hard-fought game BUT Auburn won 27-24! Whoop!

After the game, we stopped back by the gang's tail gate. Then decided it was best to take it to the hizzle. We drove back over to Opelika - which is basically Auburn - picked up Subway, took showers and went to bed, which is indicitative of our age but whatev. It was a GREAT DAY. 

Sunday - We woke up and got our things together. We watched some VHI and headed to Tiger Town again for a look around Books-A-Million. We picked up "The Girl that Played with Fire" on audio. Josh is reading that and wanted to listen to it on the way back. I forgot to bring any books with me for the ride - sad - so I grabbed "A Reliable Wife." I've been meaning to read it but I've got a lot of school stuff to finish-up. I haven't had time to read lately.  

I started it and WOW. Amazing. I'm more than 100 pages in now. I will finish it this week it's just great. Anyway, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings - J's fav - and then headed back. 

Shoppin in Tiger Town 

After a LONG car ride, we were back home. The doggies were thrilled to see us. We unpacked and spent the rest of the night chilling. I uploaded pics, did laundry and got ready for Monday. Josh watched his ti-voed version of the Auburn/Clemson game. Yes. That was the game we were at. He loves to disect it and see where things went wrong/right. Crazy guy. 

We went to bed around 10 - kind of late but we had lots to do. All in all, a fantastic weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! It was a great game, too! I almost had a heart attack while watching from my couch--I can only imagine if I would have been at the game.

    And tell Josh don't worry--we still have last year's Nat'l Championship game on our DVR list along with all of this year's games, too. Harris watches them ALL THE TIME--sometimes I come in and randomly asked who won.

    ReplyDelete