Saturday, September 4, 2010

Friday, football and a friggin cold...

Thursday - I didn't have class so the day was pretty good from the get go. I also BUSTED MY BUTT all day so it went by super fast. That's always good.

I worked out at lunch although it was pretty half assed...I will admit that. I was planning on taking the entire day off to save up energy for the 6-7 miles I had planned for Friday. I walked on the treadmill for like a mile...then I worked shoulders (I think - I'm back tracking). Then, after work, I popped by Firehouse to pick up subs for dinner. I got a FREE sub with my sub card. Never mind that I had to buy like 15 sub MEALS to get it. At like $7 each...definately spent at least like $70. SO it was anything but free but whatever. It makes me proud. Ha!

There was some bad news though. I had another meltdown...this time with pretzels. You know, they are great...low cal/quick snack. Unless you eat like 5 servingss...which I am certain that I did. Ugh. :( I don't know why I can get ahold of that. I just mindlessly munch. :(

Anyway nothing really exciting happened after that. We just chilled and watched TV. Then to bed.

Friday morning I felt great, got up and ran about six miles...maybe a little more. I came home and got ready...went to work and still felt fine. I went to lunch/the gym and did some leg work and walked another mile.

When I got back to work, I felt a rando tickle in my throat and just KNEW that this was NO GOOD. By the time I left work, I wasn't feeling well at all. But I didn't want to give in...we wanted to do First Friday and dinner. We'd already planned to stay in and grill for the Auburn game Saturday.

I perserved. We went downtown and hit up Art Downtown/Gallery 209. I seriously adore all those artisty types. My girl Ed - that's right my GIRL ED - was doing a live drop cloth drawing. It was AWESOME. Loved it. She's so crazy creative - super fun.
Ed Hose drawing up a storm
I love her zany art...
You could write an idea on a card and she'd draw it. Mine was a bunny kick line.
Other artits were there doing their thing. Love creative folks, especially since I'm not one.
After that, we hit up the wine shop and then to dinner at Millhouse. I had a whiskey bourbon salmon that was phenomenal. I also had serval whiskey and diets hoping to stave off whatever illness was trying to take me down. After that, we just came home chilled and listened to music.
I had a REALLY bad feeling that I was getting sick...and right before our most important holiday - GAME DAY.
Q. Do you KNOW when you're getting sick? What are the warning signs?
Q. What do you do to try to feel better? OJ, meds, whiskey?
Q. Are you obsessed with college football?

1 comment:

  1. Mine is definitely throat - ugh. I HATE that feeling!

    I try emergen - C! Works great!

    I'm obsessed with the culture and spirit of college football, specifically Auburn football of course!!!

    ReplyDelete