Wednesday, September 15, 2010

No pain, no gain

If this is true, I made MAD gains Monday. Tuesday morning I awoke to AGONY. 

Too much leg work. 

5 miles + leg workout = :( I was hobbling around all day. Rough. It's the kind of pain that makes you cringe. I couldn't really bend my legs to sit. It was more about falling into chairs. 

Needless to say, there was no morning exercise for me. I waddled into work and cranked out some stories. Then, I started to feel guilty about not working out. I had my gym clothes packed and thought MAYBE if I started moving more I'd break up the lactic acid and feel better. I walked a mile on the tready while reading "The Gift of Rain" (no, I STILL haven't finished that one yet - I've been consumed with comps and papers). Yeah that wasn't a good idea - it was painful. So I worked back - i.e. the one body part that didn't hurt at all.  

After work, I didn't have class so I just went home and read through my paper/made corrections/etc. I reheated some of that cheap chicken for J I did the STANDARD mac and cheese as a side dish (remember I'm cooking for man with a 5-year-old's food preferances).I did manage to get him to eat butter beans. I like for him to have something green on his plate - but that's not always easy. 

When J came home we discussed the finer points of fantasy football for a story I'm writing. I hate being  a "girl" about it but - it's confusing. I understand it more now but still kind of lost. About that time I got a phone call on our house phone (which we have because the security system feeds into it) I assumed it was a telemarketer and let it go. But they called back so I answered. It was a representative from Troy and she told me that my teacher Dr. Lawton had been in a car accident and we wouldn't be having class this week. She's OK but pretty banged up. Her elderly mother was apparently in the car with her and she will need surgery. Bless her heart. I feel really bad for her. :( 

That was a bummer and pretty much wound up the day. I layered on the Icey Hot and hit the hay. I was ready to lay down and relax the muscles. 

Q: What do you do to relieve sore muscles?

Q: Does your hubby/boyfriend have any werid food hang-ups? 

No comments:

Post a Comment