Saturday, September 25, 2010

Date night, a 5K and one awesome day of football!

Friday - Whoop whoop. Made it. Another week down.
And next week is Josh's birthday week so that's super exciting. Big things in the works. I just hope that it all pans out the way I'm thinking it will...but that's all I can say about that. My luck if I gave anything else away, Josh would read it. That would be the only time he'd ever read it but he would. So I'm keeping my mouth shut.

So anywhoo - I had planned to take the day off - work-out wise - Friday. I did the eight miles Thursday and had a little 5K for Saturday. I was shooting for 26 mins. which shouldn't have been a problem since I've done 25 on the treadmill - right? That's what I thought.
* Well, more about this later.*

Friday I worked ... ran errands at lunch and worked some more. I had a curb ball thrown at me. I had to go cover a Republican meet and greet with Nathan Deal. That was kind of cool.
(Of course, I'm not a Republican - not my any means, I'm an Independent. But spending some time with a potential governor was a fun way to pass the time, ya know?)

I zipped back and wrote the story. I didn't get home until 6 which sucked because we had dinner reservations at Tramici's (Italian restaurant on SSI) at 6:45...

We made it and the dinner was AWESOME. Food was great and our date night was even better. It's so great to get out and spend one on one time together. I'm a big believer. I'm also apparently a big believer in blowing my diet on the weekends. Hello chicken piccata. Wine? Yes, please. Bread - I'll take that too.

Mmm.
Total regret later. : (
Oh well, what ya gonna do?
When we got home, we pulled up some HILARIOUS videos with Kevin Smith (a topic that came up at dinner). We hit the hay around 10:30 - great night.

So Saturday I woke up at 2 a.m. to our smoke alarm going off. Eeekkk....no smoke so fire (THANK GOD). It seems that the batteries are low. But still, that was unfortunate. Totally disrupted my sleep.
I woke-up again at 3 a.m. and again at 4 a.m. I got up at 7 a.m. - the race was set for 10 a.m. - WHICH IS WAY TOO LATE FOR A RACE THIS TIME OF YEAR.

But anyway ... I got there with big plans to beat my best time. That didn't pan out. I was sleep deprived. Tired. Cranky. Hot. * _____ - insert any other random excuse here.*
So I finished at 28:15. Not good. Not terrible, but not good. I still topped out in my age group 25-29, which was a surprise. But, let's be honest, there wasn't a huge group of people there. I mean it was decent. My age group was full. But there definitely wasn't enough to fill out each age group - ya know? Our team, The Brunswick News, cleaned house. We won the team participation award. Several individuals won their age groups.

Sidebar: I actually only do these races because the paper pays for them. : )
Plus they're fun, short and a good way for time with co-workers.

Here's a shot of me with my super cool medal:

.
Yay.

So, after that, I had planned to go back to the gym and finish out six miles plus strength training. That was the plan. I totally blew it off. I went and had my car detailed then to Target. Then I grabbed hibachi shrimp and veggies from Seasons of Japan. Yep...just what I needed - after the dietary face plant I did the night before - more food. I wasn't that hungry ... until I started eating. Then I was and it was great.

I bummed around. I watched Criminal Minds until football came on. I started watching Alabama/Arkansas, but then I fell asleep. I napped for more than a hour. I guess I was more tired than I thought. Then we grilled burgers and fat free turkey dogs. Yes. More food. And it was super.

I had some Bacardi and diets, watched Georgia bomb, and got poised for a tough fight for Auburn. The pups were ready too.



Fighting over the shaker

Football just makes Josh retarded - LOL.

It was a GREAT GAME. Intense and there were lots of bad words flying through the Adkison house but WE WON. Gah - I'm so proud of them.

Then I blogged :)

AND the next step is back to bed. Hopefully I'll have more energy in the morning. I was wiped all day!

1 comment:

  1. yay - so glad Auburn won - of course! Love the family photos!

    And so smart about free races - duh - wonder if my company does any of those.... I think we do! Smart!

    And i'm sorry you didn't get the time you wanted but you still did great - hopefully the next race (without the delayed start/heat/lack of sleep/etc.) will get you the time you want!!

    ReplyDelete