Friday, September 17, 2010

More soreness, getting ahead, and a great girls' night

Wednesday I was STILL SORE. Still hobbling. OMG. So I didn't run that morning and instead went to the gym and did the elliptical for three miles at lunch. Of course, that hurt too but not as much as running. That just wasn't possible.

I worked hard all day so that I could get ahead on things. I took Friday off to go to Auburn - whoop whoop. So after work...Josh had to work late...I decided to run errands and get ahead on the home front too. I zipped by the store to get groceres, which I usually do on the weekend. Plus the puppers needed food before we left for the trip. Did that. Then ran to pick up dinner. For Josh it was a meatball sub from Firehouse. For me, it was Seasons of Japan hibachi shrimp with extra veggies/no rice. Yums. Back to the house...worked on my paper whilst watching Ghost Hunters (which later proved a bad decision - more on this in a minute)
I had a couple of glasses of wine - hey it was our "date night" afterall. J who rolled in around 8-ish ... glad it wasn't too late. I really look forward to my Wednesday night cocktail/s. So yeah, I guess my date was the wine. :) Josh was beat and we hit the hay around 9:30. Good day.

Thursday morning I woke up from a TERRIBLE dream. It was about a haunted hotel - thank you Ghost Hunters. I did manage to get a little more sleep. But I was all sweaty and freaked out. Hate it. Anywhoo....got up went to work. Worked hard again to get ahead.

At lunch, I beeped over to get my nail polish changed and pick up a b-day gift for Josh. :) It's getting close and I'm super excited. He'll be 30 on Sept. 30!!!

I went back, worked some more and rolled out a little later than I would have liked. But oh well. Josh was working OVER NIGHT this time. He went in at noon (and fast forward to 8 a.m. Friday morning and he STILL WASN'T HOME) BLAH. They had to do lane closures...traffic paces...a lot of BS that I hate.

But the free night did give me a chance to hang with my two of my favorite folks - Ash and Marla. Ash and I had planned to do a long run but thanks to my working late that didn't pan out. We did get in three miles on Jekyll. The temperature was actually really nice and the island was just gorgeous in the sunlight - amazing. After that, we hit up drinks and seafood at the Rah Bar. Little miss Marla rolled in after her board meeting. We ordered boiled shrimp and "two crab clusters." I had never had crab really before...not just crab. And certainly not crab that you have to WORK to eat. It was an adventure.


Ha. I had to crop this pic because my arm looked SO FAT. Could be because IT IS and also the camera angle. Combo of the two most likely.

Me and my ladies. Note the lovely stain on my WHITE jacket. Oh yes.
Hehe. Ashley is crazy.

LOL - they are BOTH so crazy. Hilarious. But crazy.
We headed home around 9-ish. I came home grabbed a shower, played with the puppers, and checked in with Josh - apparently "EVERYTHING HAD GONE TO SH*T ON THE JOB" which sucked. After playing on the computer, I finally wound down enough to try sleeping alone. Scary and I hate it. But it went fine. Slept well and woke rested and ready to head to the Plains to see my besties and some damn fine SEC football!! HURRAY!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you girls had fun - you are so funny for cropping your arm! I'm sure it was just the unfortunate angle silly! And no more ghost hunters for you!

    ReplyDelete