Hey y'all - happy Tuesday! I hope your week is off to a killer start. I'm a little behind on blogging (clearly) and that's OK. I'm sure you'll live.
To make up for it (and the fact that I have no other "art" for you), here's a hilarious and currently relevant - if slightly mean - e-card:

Funny, right? I think so.
And honestly I hope Charlie Sheen gets it together. My mom loves his show.
OK so here's what I've been up too. On Saturday, I was still WAY, WAY too sore to do a workout. That didn't happen. Instead Mary Batiwalla and I drove down to Jacksonville to shop. I mean it's cardio .... why not!? It was a great day - we had SUCH a blast together.
I got two cute shirts from Limited and exchanged a skirt. I also go several sweaters from Express. I didn't try these on, which wasn't smart. Yes ... they're going back. I did get two pairs of leggings that worked. Still, looks like I'll be making another trip soon. *Le sigh*
After we went to the mall, we stopped in at Costco and bought that bizatch out. Buying in bulk is a great idea. Such amazing deals. Of course, you have to be able to spot said deals. Example of a "bad deal": $14 for two big things of aluminum foil. Uh ... no. Now 24 bottles of Yuengling for $16? Yes, sign me up for that shiz. Once MB and I made it back to B-wick, I got ready to head over to Julio's to eat with the kids, that is, Julio, Ashley and Marla. We had SO much fun. We are just hilarious and I don't mind saying so. I had a few vodka sodas and a VERY small glass of cabernet as dessert/reward for making it that far with the diet (nothing like cheating on a diet to celebrate doing well on the diet!) It worth it though. SO good. Then it was home to the pups and to bed.
SUNDAY JOSH CAME HOME FROM DENVER. I was SO thrilled to see him. I hadn't seen him since Tuesday night. That's the longest time we've been apart in four years. I know, that's not long. But I happen to LIKE the person I married and I miss him when he's gone. I did make the best of it and I had a lot of fun, but still. It's great to get back to normal.
I just got up .... hung out with the pups and went to the gym. I finally got to do the hams/triceps workout that I had planned for Friday. Finally. I mean, I was still sore but I could function enough to do that. I also ran two miles. Then I discovered that I had NO energy left - so I stopped. Josh rolled in around 3 p.m. EXHAUSTED. Poor guy. We hung out and I cooked. Or rather attempted to cook. I made a new blackened chicken recipe for my week's worth of lunch/dinner. Well you have to heat the cast iron skillet and coat the meat with Pam (and seasonings) then you drop it in the pan, flip. Take it off after a minute and pop it in the oven. You bake at 350 degrees for like 10 mins or so ...
What the recipe did not mention, however, was the enormous amount of smoke this little technique creates. Oh. My. God. The entire house was blanketed. The smoke alarm went off. The dogs freaked out. I had to go stand outside. So much drama. It was bad. (Took three hours for it to clear out with all the windows open).
Geez. I also tried to make Josh this Hamburger Helper thing which I burnt.
F.M.L!!!! I mean, HOW CAN YOUR RUIN FRIGGIN HAMBURGER HELPER? It's so easy. Apparently not for me. So it wasn't my day in the kitchen. At all. After cleaning up, I decided to get the hell out of there and go to bed. I know when I'm bested.
Monday was a good day, not much happened, which I think is good for a Monday. Grit your teeth and get through it. And any day sans travesties is good.
I worked really hard. AND I had a great workout. I did about 3 miles on the elliptical then I trained with Jim. Chest and shoulders. Ow. I did the regular routine and at the end Jim made me do punches and upper cuts with five pound weights until I couldn't lift my arms. Thanks bud. : )
I can already see a difference though. I feel "tighter" all over ... I also feel like I literally get my ass beat every day but that's OK. No pain, no gain.
I went home and cooked, which went much better than Sunday. Of course, I made hotdogs for J. If I failed there, then I'd have to be talked down from a ledge.
We hung out. I soaked in Epsom salt (which is becoming routine) - blah blah - then went to bed. Great day overall.
Time for questions!
Q: What do you do when you're sore? My legs hurt so bad the past few days I felt like amputation would have been an improvement. Epsom salt and a hot bath helps me. So does a heating pad and Ibuprofen.
Q: Do you always try on before buying? I usually do but I wasn't in the mood Saturday which has led to yet another 60 mile drive.
Q: Do you have disasterous cooking experiences? Does it make you want to scream and say bad words? It does me and I do, both!
Glad Josh is back! Being apart sucks balls, yo.
ReplyDeleteI yell curse words anytime life pisses me off. That's probably bad since I work with small, impressionable humans...
I never knew blackening chicken made such a stink. I will remember that and just stick to letting the restaurant pros do it. God knows just as well as I do that I will find a way to eff that up.
I'm glad he's back too!!
ReplyDeleteUm, yes - recipe fails suck. Still can't believe the smoke, alarm, etc. - WOW!
I have to try on - I can honestly say I don't even buy t-shirts without trying on - i'm SO picky about fit and know that if I don't love how it fits i'll never wear it!
When i'm sore I go with ibprofen too - and heated seats. I swear I use my heated seats to sooth my bum 24/7. lol
I always try to try stuff on before I get it..I've learned way to much from online shopping that I end up wasting extra money (aka shipping and handling) on it. When I'm sore from a work out I generally take a long hot shower! loveeeee the warmth to relax sore muscles!
ReplyDeleteYES ladies - totally love the hot shower.
ReplyDeleteI promise to try on from now on ... lesson learned.