Sunday, January 23, 2011

Chill night, movies galore and beach trip with the pups

Hey peeps,

Happy Monday! Hope everyone is doing well. I had, overall, a really great weekend. Let's start with Friday. I was SO sore from my new workout routines (which I'll have to post) and decided to take it as my rest day. I just worked and had lunch with Bobby and Erika at Arte Pizza. And yes, I actually had a piece of veggie pizza. That was rewarding.


After work, I went home and put on sweats to settle in for a long chill night with Josh and the pups. We ate dinner and watched TV. Josh also made himself (with my supervision) chocolate chip cookies.


He did a good job :) Of course, the engineer in him made him want to pull out a ruler to make sure they were exactly two inches apart on the cookie sheet.

Byron wanted a taste

So did Keats

Once that was done, we watched Kill Bill I and II on TBS and hit the hay. It was a perfect way to spend a Friday. Saturday, I woke up, paid bills and straightened up the house. I also watched an episode of Criminal Minds (high priced call girl murdering clients). I had lunch and then went to the gym. I did two ellpitcal miles and ran one mile, which actually FELT good. I also did legs and shoulders. Then it was home to shower and get ready. We ate dinner at Spanky's and went to see True Grit.

I LOVE the Cohen Brothers. LOVE them. And this was not a disappointment. It was funny and had a good story line (it's a remake of the old John Wayne flick). I liked it. The only thing was - they didn't use contractions. At all. Drove me nuts. And I get why they didn't. It was just frustrating. I kept thinking just say "can't" or "don't" PLEASE. But it was good.

After that, we stopped for a couple of drinks and to disect the movie at Ruby Tuesday (next to the theater in the mall). Then it was home to the kids.


We hung out with them and watched part of the Matrix (see what I mean about movies galore?) and went to bed.

Sunday was the best day of the weekend by far. We got up, got ready and went for a walk with the pups on the beach (Driftwood Beach on Jekyll Island). It's one of my favorite places in the world. All of these huge petrified oak trees are laid all over the beach.

** Being that this blog is called "Life's a Beach" I've posted a ton of shots - none of which would post the way that I wanted. *sigh*










































































After we took the pups (who were EXHAUSTED) home, we went over to the mall and to Lowes.
Then we stopped in at Buffalo Wild Wings to watch Chicago lose to Green Bay. I also lost because they didn't beat the spread. The same with the Jets - now I owe Josh two massages. : (
Boo. I did do some pre-cooking for the week, showered and chilled.

That was pretty much all. Great time for the Adkisons - both the people and the k-9s.

2 comments:

  1. I love when running feels good! I love getting into my rhythm, zoning everything out, and pushing forward. Such a great feeling! Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! I agree -- it's great when it's good. Of course working through injuries (torn labrium in my case) is always frustrating. I hope that I'm getting better!!

    ReplyDelete