SO I'm just gonna hit up Saturday because, as you know, the rest of the week was a wash. But big thanks to my hubby for taking such good care of me. Not to mention, putting up with me when I was all whiny and irritable. He's the best.
Sautrday. I got up still feeling kind of off but much better than in recent memory. I cleaned the house. Top to bottom. Did laundry. Then went to the gym for the first time in a week. Yes. I can't believe how long it's been. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to do a whole lot. I'm STILL weak and tire out easily. I read (Half Broke Horses) and did three elliptical miles. By that time, I was tired and I had to hurry home to shower and change for a retirement party that night. Two of Josh's long time co-workers were retiring and we all headed up to Darien for drinks and dinner to show our support. It was great catching up with all the fun TIC folks. Just love them. I spent a lot of time chatting with my twin of the night, Codi, who also was feelin the green.
Love her. She's such a sweetie.
We had a blast and everyone rolled out pretty early. Josh and I hung back had another cocktail (and I was entitled especially since I hadn't even celebrated Auburn's victory). We drove back and stopped at Zachry's to let me grab a bite. Everything they served at the retirement party was fried. Ew. I can't do fried. It's not even so much the calorie thing - although that's a huge reason NOT to eat fried food. My reason is that it TEARS MY TUMMY UP. Just kills it. So I pass. I got a blackened chicken salad at Zachary's and we watched Atlanta lose BIG time to the Packers. Saturday was a bad day for bird mascots. Raven. Falcons. We finished and headed home. Then we got in bed with the dogs and watched some of "When Harry Met Sally." So much fun.
Sunday was all about shopping. YAY! I ventured down to Jacksonville ALONE which is a big deal for me. I don't mind so much shopping alone, in fact I'd prefer it, I just hate navagating that place. Those people are insane. But I survived. I checked out Garden Ridge first. It's this ginormous warehouse with a cheap and cute (if not exactly "top shelf") inventory. They have it all. I wanted to get this awesome faux leather fold out sofa/futon thingie. BUT I wouldn't fit in my Tribute. AND they wouldn't hold it for me so that Josh can get it when he's in town with his truck. Bastards. I did get two new chairs. One for the computer desk in our bedroom - just standard white chair that I'm planning on painting. Then a faux leather black chair for the den. From there, I went to make returns at Pier One and the Limited. I really scored there. Good Lord. Check out my haul:



Love this top and behind it there is a khaki pencil skirt I am going to wear with it.
I had a $100 gift card/exchange. Then $25 Limited Bucks and a 30 percent off coupon. I got more than $200 worth of stuff for $50 out of pocket. Friggin love that. After the mall, I went to the magical land of Costco. You remember when I went with Mar and fell in love? Well now we're finally members - whoo hoo. I couldn't get nearly as much as I wanted (what with the car full of two chairs and shopping bags). Seriously on the way back I was cramming stuff in the glove compartment but I brought it all back - ha, across state lines none the less. I put it away and when J came home from golfing we cooked dinner and watched the Jetts spank the Patriots. I really like the Jets. My mom likes the Jets so I roll with her on it. Plus I love to give Josh hell about his Tom Brady mancrush. The Pats loosing was icing on an already awesome day. So now I'm blogging and going to bed. Getting ready to go to work for the first time in NINE days. Wow.
Saturday sounded like fun - cute pics!
ReplyDeleteLove the new limited stuff- I need to go in there! Cute idea with the pencil skirt.
Boo on Garden Ridge - hate that. I haven't been to one of these but heard they have good stuff!