Yes exactly six days after I got bitch slapped by influenza and its (near-equal) BFF streptococcus I'm up and moving. I'm alive and, more so, I still care alive. I won't lie. It was touch and go there for a few days. Nothing quite puts the kibosh on your will to live like the flu. The fact that I also had strep was just icing on the cake.
(Got the idea of using these little cards from Kelly, where else? Love it!)
I was able to get some work done. I mean, it's writing. That's not hard. But I'd lay there think about all of the other things I could be doing around the house. AND working out. I felt guilty about it. Then, I'd try to move and realize that it couldn't be done. The same was true for going to work. I thought about. Felt guilty about it. Then came to the conclusion that if it came down to moving and being unemployed - I'd taken being unemployed. Hands down (and honestly, my boss was great about it. Of course, he doesn't want a workplace full of flu ridden folk either so it worked out best all around).
For those who've not been lucky enough to have a visit from the flu fairy, it went something like this: I didn't want to get up, certainly didn't want to bathe (and didn't, ha). My bones hurt. My soul hurt. I was ready to peform an at-home tonsillectomy in the hopes that it would make my throat hurt less. It. was. bad.
But, like I said, the worst is over. I'm proud to report that I got a shower AND put on make-up today. I even used the hair dryer AND flat iron. Amazing.

Hehe..seriously.
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped pull me through. You rock.
Get your flu shot.
Man - hate that you were so very sick little Lindsey! Glad you're feeling better - that's a long time to be out of commission. And don't feel guilty about working out - you did the right thing by taking it EASY (even though it sounds like you really didn't have a choice.) :)
ReplyDeleteThat's right man. NO choice. I was flat on da back. It sucked.
ReplyDelete