Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ava's long awaited arrival, new stuff and my stylish blogger award

YES. AVA IS HERE!! I'm so excited for Megan and Clint. I know that she was (understandably) nervous about the delivery and we'd talked about it a lot during her pregnancy. Now it's done.

I called her yesterday (Monday) and she was holding up well. She was going to be induced at 6 a.m. central and around 7 a.m. Tuesday she sent me a message to tell me that her mom was going to text me with updates. It ws my job to spread the word to Kel and Em (and you can ask them ... I was on the horn). But all day, I stared at my phone. I even brought it out during an interview and explained that one of my best friends was in labor and I needed to know what was going on.

I was just so out of it all day. It's silly, I know, but I worried. I wondered about how bad she was hurting and how scared she was. : (

I also Googled a lot of labor information (and whoa T.M.I - I'd would have been better off NOT knowing 95 percent of that). The announcement came around 7:30 p.m. - 7 pounds 4 ounces and 20 inches. I was SO thrilled and that terrible knot in my stomach finally eased.

Other than stressing about that ... I did go to the gym - twice. At lunch, I did this new back/bicep workout. After work, I did three miles on the elliptical. Then I got home to find a package. Turns out, Ava wasn't the only delivery today - my new pillows arrived, which was no where near as exciting. But I really do like them. And the message is awesome.


"Keep calm" - I'll try!

While I was at it, I took photos of other new things in the den:


Oh here's Josh and Byron trying out the new Garden Ridge chair


Also part of the rug I moved from the dining room.

I did this in the computer room. I brought in these shelving type units.
They fit under the desk perfectly with some room left for your legs.
The main reason I did this? Hiding the tendrils of cords and adapters, etc.

Love getting new stuff. So that was pretty much Tuesday. Eventful.

I also noticed that my bestie Kel included me in her list of the Stylish Blogger Awards. (Thanks honey!) 

It's just a fun, getting to know you kind of thing. One blogger gets the award and lists seven little known facts about themselves then awards it to others. Of course, since I have so few followers (at least not many with their own blogs) I won't give it out (ALTHOUGH Tiff - you should def. do this).

I'll leave you with this .... Seven little known facts about me:

1. I hate chocolate, licorice, fried food and cantelope. I also don't like sweet tea either (blasphemy ... I know). 
2. I am terrified of heights hence I don't like roller coasters.
3. My blood type is O negative. I can give blood to anyone but can only get blood from other O-negs. Not fair, right? I like to keep a mental list of my friends with that blood type ... lookin at you Courtney Harris Rochelle.
4. Spent most of my life as a vegetarian.
5. I have terrible nightmares often and sleep with the television on
6. I had food poisioning from Burger King when I was six (the day of little miss Enterprise none the less) and I still don't eat fast food (Subway and Firehouse don't count).
7. I'm a second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Oh yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment