I wish I had felt better. I know I wasn't very good company for Josh. I was wrapped in a blanket, planted on the couch (and yes, I had to scream a time or two - which nearly killed me afterwards).
As of Tuesday morning, my condition had not improved ... in fact, it was worse. I woke up many times overnight with my throat pain and trying to find relief. All to no avail. I mean, it was on fire. It hurt so bad, especially swallowing. Luckily, Josh had taken off so he could stay up late and watch the game but honestly he ended up being my nurse, again. I got up at 8 a.m. and called into work AGAIN.
I mean, there was just no way. The chills, body aches, drainage, throat it all added up to bad news. Whilst laying in bed I Googled my symptoms - which is never a smart thing to do next thing you end up convinced that you have cancer with have less than five minutes to live. I know that. But I Googled. Guess what came up time and time again? Oh yes. Influenza. Of course, that really didn't account for the throat pain ... so I didn't know what to make of that.
Anywhoo, I decided that I was ready to put an end to it or at least start fighting it. I tried to get in to see my doc but he was out of the office. Figures. Around 11 a.m. Josh drove me over to the island emergency care center. It wasn't really crowded which was a surprise. Those places are always packed with germy folk. Not this time and I got into see the doctor quickly. Once in, it didn't take long for a diagnosis.
It's the flu and strep. Together. Lovely.
I didn't have the strep test done but having it in October - it feels really, really familiar. Thankfully, the doctor was more than willing to hook me up.

I swear, it just makes you wonder how one person could go and get so screwed up so fast. Oh wait.
Damn you Universal/Walt Disney World and your millions of infectious agents (i.e. children). God think about it, if Michael Einser willed it he could generate an entire army of kids to wage biological warfare on the world.
(Let's be clear though, JOSH was the one who got sick first then gave it to me. I held out for nearly a week but I think I'm worse than he was ... plus the throat thing).
After we left the clinic, I went to CVS to get my meds while Josh exchanged some clothes at Jos A. Banks. I sat and waited for my prescriptions. Of course, once they saw the Tamiflu they basically treated me like a lepher: Cashier: "And here's your mask." Me: "Oh I have something for you too," *middle finger.*
I mean, get it. It's contagious. It SUCKS. I don't want to give it to anyone. But a little tact goes a long way, people.
I got the meds and took them immediately. Then it was back home to bed. That's all I've done. Seriously. I have a laptop and a router and I move from the bed to the couch (change of scenery) and back. Some times I feel better (as far as energy but my throat is constantly in pain) and I have some "get up" then it fades and I have to lay back down.
Awful. And depressing.
I haven't done anything physical really for four days. I haven't tracked my food ... but it's been like this chicken noodle soup and crackers. That's pretty much all. Sigh. I'm trying not to get too down on myself but it's hard.
: (
Hopefully the medicine will start to work soon. And get your FLU SHOT. Seriously.
WDE!! And feel better, missy -BIG BOO.
ReplyDelete